US$221
Doubletree
US$193
US$169
Croke Park Hotel
Academy Plaza Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$165
Riu.com
Sandymount Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$128
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$261
US$206
Official Site
US$408
US$388
Westbury Hotel
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 24, 2016

This hostel is okay, my sister and I stayed there for five nights in March '16. We stayed in a 8 person room, and the smell was not pleasant, sweat and alcohol. It seemed like four people lived in the room, not travelers, which was weird to us. The mattresses were awful, I could feel the springs in my back through the night. One morning we saw a centipede in the shower which was disgusting. There was no hand soap in the bathrooms. There was a lady cleaning there every day which was a plus. The free breakfast was bread, butter and jam, plus tea and instant coffee. There was a door open 24/7 which resulted in cold mornings. The location is the best part about this. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

I was a little bit worried what to expect after reading the reviews on this hostel but I have to say the hostel was really good.
We shared a twin bedroom with own bath and can't complain on the room. Shower was hot and the sheets were clean.
Only 600-700 meters from st Stephens green, so no need for taxis.

The only bad thing is that the walls are very thin and other guests were extremely noisy. I've stayed in many hostels but this one took the price on worst guest behavior.

But overall, if you are travelling on a budget I would totally recommend this hostel!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visiting Dublin last weekend for a friends birthday. I booked this hostel before reading the reviews but about a week before the visit, I had a look on here and saw the reviews were pretty terrible. I was dreading it. We brought our own bedding with us as a precaution....but I have to say, the hostel was SOO much nicer than we thought. We got a private room with an ensuite. Hot water, clean sheets, generally clean room, free toast or cereal in the morning. Admittedly, the kitchen isn't too great but it's a hostel! Perhaps the previous reviewers had not stayed in a hostel before but honestly, it wasn't that bad.

I think we paid £60 each for 3 nights - which is amazing.

I would stay here again if I visited Dublin.

Oh, great location too. Very close to Camden street (not far to stagger home)

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2016 via mobile

Myself and my friend stayed here last minute due to a mishap at our previous accommodation. It was good that we found this last minute and the rates were cheap, especially for Dublin. I've never stayed in a hostel so wasn't expecting much. Luckily we had an en suite, looks like all the rooms may offer this but not sure, you would have to check with the hostel. But for me I just felt it wasn't clean, maybe if the painted and perhaps cleaned the portable heater as there was stains on it. The bathroom is tiny. There's is wifi, 24 hour reception. St Stephen's Green is located about a 10 minute walk from the hostel. It's central so you are near to everything. The closest tram stop is opposite the odeon, which is one tram stop away from St Stephen's green. All the high street shops are within walking distance and all the food shops are located nearby. Personally I wouldn't stay in a hostel again if I had the choice but if you are looking for somewhere that is just OK and it's literally a one night stay then this maybe the place for you. Hope this helps!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mary-Rose O
Reviewed January 6, 2016

Stayed in November 2015 for 2 nights, thought a private double room with it's own bathroom couldn't be too bad, I was very wrong! I was hesitant after reading reviews on here, but not being a fussy person (and also being on a tight budget) decided to give it a go. Upon arrival we were grunted at by a man who definitely hated his job. This little ray of sunshine processed us by speaking as little as possible, then told us our room was upstairs and proceeded to watch me struggle with my case - no offer to help, fine, I just got on with it. The room was very basic and also freezing cold. The previous occupants had obviously been smoking in the room, as it stank, and the window overlooked a rooftop that was covered in fag butts. We plugged in the small radiator at the end of the bed and put the tv on while we got ready to go out. 99 channels all showing the same thing or nothing at all! Again, fine, we weren't there to watch TV. Shower was okay, you have to press a button to turn it on, it lasts for about 10 seconds before you have to press the button again, okay temperature though. Went out both days doing touristy things and got back late so just crashed out. Should have got suspicious when my other half insisted on sleeping on top of the duvet in his clothes rather than in the bed (I kept asking but he refused to tell me why and I couldn't see anything obviously wrong). However on our last morning as we left he lifted up the sheet to show me what can only be described as a BIG DIRTY BLOOD STAIN on the mattress. I felt sick and we left the sheets off the bed to make the maid aware (although I'm sure she already was). Same man that checked us in was there when we left so I didn't bother telling him as he obviously didn't care. Didn't have the free breakfast as the general look of the place put us off it. I will never stay in a hostel again it's not worth it I'd rather just pay the extra and at least be certain I won't catch E.Coli! AVOID!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple