Dylan Hotel
US$216
US$203
US$347
  • Restaurant
Generator Hostel Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$158
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$139
1,100 results
All reviewsboutique hotelbaggot streetgreat boutiqueunderfloor heatingturn down servicecity centremini barbeautiful hotelquiet locationgreat barfour seasonsstayed for one nightfollowing morningaviva stadiumfull irish breakfasthotel barsearsons
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed for a night recently at the Dylan. I really like the location in that it is really close to the city centre yet in a nice quiet area of Dublin. We stayed on a Friday and there was ice adfter work buzz around the place - good cocktails at the bar and a nice area to sit outside both front and back of the hotel.
Rooms are of a good size with decent bathrooms , all in wacky colours with quirky furniture - nice to stay in but I couldnt live with it ! Some nice extras like proper fresh milk to make tea / coffee, ipod docking station with Ipod stereo system and newspaper delivered in the morning. Staff are absolutely brilliant, and breakfast was first class with a nice a la carte menu, I had the kippers which were the best I've had for a long time.
Great place for a short break and good value for money too. One small complaint would be that the rooms could be better noise proofed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2012

our stay @ the Dylan was very impressive especially the room ( 305)
the girl at the desk on arrival (sorry can't remember her name) was very polite & pleasant
the room was extremely clean & very functional (loved the i.pod deck and the Bose phone)
didn't had dinner so cannot comment,however we did have breakfast and it was excellent.
overall , staff was very efficient & professional and attention to details was spot-on
will be back again !!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed one night at this lovely boutique hotel. Rooms are spacious, nicely decorated and I just love it that you can plug your iphone or ipod in the speakers and listen to your own music. The staff was very friendly. When we ordered coffee in the morning we drank it in the lounge and asked to put the coffee on our room bill. One of the staff was so alert and great to tell us that breakfast was actually included in our room rate so we did not need to pay for the coffee.
That felt like true personal service. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank haarlemglobetrotter
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The pupose of being there was for Ulster Edinburgh rugby and I met up with an old chum who had used the place previously for business and a pal who now lives in Dublin. At first I was put off by the price but went with it anyway.

Dylan is a 20 minute walk from town - only 5 mins by a Eu7 taxi though - but ideally placed for the Aviva Stadium, Dylan being close to Landsdowne Road.

On arrival got a great and friendly welcome in a clutter-free area with waitiing seating where you could go on-line FoC.

Staff were knowledgeable about the area and nothing was too much trouble - not a lot of Irish accents.

Accessed the top floor room by the lift thereafter used the stairs to my front facing room.

Hallways were immaculately clean and the room was a good, functional size with free WiFi. No bath but a shower a giant can get into - such a nice change not having to hunch in a bathtub...

The hotel bar is very well stocked and popular with the local cocktail set - didn't see anyone drinking beers just wines, champagne, spirits and cocktails.

Breakfast: we arrived bang on 11am and never left until noon - and there was no pressure then to leave. First class breakfast too but the maximum price you can pay in Ireland at Eu25 a head. Fantastic choice though - and once again, spotless, with nothing too much trouble for the staff.

Post rugby - and too many Guinness - we headed back to Dylan which was packed with with cocktail drinkers. Ordered a good Sancerre that was reasonable priced for a 5* hotel at cEu40.

Previously when in Dublin I've stayed at the 4-Seasons, some Boutique B&B's and the 5* Clarence - this topped them all and I'll def. be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room otherwise you could be looking into someones back yard.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Stuart M
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've toyed with staying here for special occasions for a long time but the price has put me off as there are many top hotels in Dublin city that are less expensive (and closer to the city). As it turned out, my wife and I were heading out to the RDS for an exhibition last weekend, so I decided to bite the bullet and book a room (and dinner in Roly's just down the road).
If clean, luxurious, professional, boudoir-esque is what you want from a boutique hotel, this is it. I've long used TripAdvisor for guidance when choosing hotels and it delivered again this time.
Room was large with recessed ceiling and exposed roof truss. Bed was very comfortable. Staff professional yet friendly. Breakfast in room was very good. Just to register constructive criticism to keep this review balanced, slightly burnt toast with breakfast and no bath (a double shower though).
If you want a romantic getaway in Dublin, this is the one (for us anyway)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple