New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Abbey Court

Abbey Court
Ranked #9 of 101 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Galway
“Short stay but fantastic hostel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

5 of us stayed here on a Saturday night (it was some of the groups second time staying here). Our only use of the hostel was to drop our bags off around noon and sleep that night but even during our short stay I could see that the facilities were excellent, the staff were professional and polite and the place was spotless.

The price was excellent too, granted we were staying in a 24 bed dorm but the price worked out at around €16/17 euro each.

Will certainly return again!

Room Tip: For budget options choose one of the larger rooms (24/12 bed) but if a good nights sleep is your pri...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Polish first
Falkirk, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Apartments were central, cheap and clean but don't look as good as the fotos show them 2 b. We had booked an apartment for 4 people which had one bedroom with 2 sets of bunkbeds. Wot ruined our stay woz when Kevin the owner or manager, older guy in shirt on reception bit creepy, told us he could get us a discounted taxi 2 airport and we gave him 25 euro only for our friends 2 stop taxi in street taxi rank outside apartment and pay 18 euro ! Kevin hope u enjoy spending the 7 euros u ripped us off for but one day you'll get your comeuppance !

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

In Feburary 2012 I organised a trip for students from all around Europe. There were 140 people in the group and we all stayed in Abbey Court Hostel. I would really reccomend it to anyone, they have something for everyone- big dorms with cheapers beds or double ensutie rooms and apartments if you want some more space to yourself.
it’s a brilliant hostel, right in the middle of the city centre so you don’t waste time or money getting into the centre. Unlike lots of hostels around Europe Abbey Court has a lot of hang out space- they have a cinema where you can borrow movies from reception, a games room with table tennis, a chill out hang out room and lots of computers and internet access.
The staff were really helpful at organising everything- Rowena, one of the girls on reception was brilliant at accommodating out group and helping us make sure our stay went as easy as possible, they even changed the time of breakfast to suit us!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stayed in this hostel with a friend over Halloween weekend 2011. Having never stayed in a hostel before then, I didn't really know what to expect. The hostel itself is situated right in the heart of Dublin and hosts a variety of different rooms with an eclectic style - the walls are painted with different murals and images of celebrities which looks amazing! We stayed in the 24 bed mixed dorm and were very comfortable - the beds aren't exactly the most comfortable I've ever slept in but I wasn't expecting anything amazing! It is a party hostel, so don't expect an undisturbed nights sleep - but this didn't bother me as we didn't get in until the early hours of the morning either.

Abbey Court is kept very clean, in fact I was pleasantly surprised at the constant presence of cleaners in the hostel. The showers and toilet facilities are excellent and the common room areas are kept clean and tidy as well. The staff on the front desk are very helpful and also acted as our inhouse tour guides, giving us directions and maps and letting us know where all the action was over our stay. Abbey Court also has free wi-fi which is always a life saver!

I cannot praise this hostel enough actually, just trust me when I say if you come to Dublin this is the only place to stay on a budget! I was very impressed and would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Black Mountain, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is THE party hostel in Dublin, so be prepared for late night noise. I didn't mind so much since I was staying out late some nights, but if you are looking for a quite place to crash, this is not the place. (try Generator, just a few block out of downtown) It was cheap and easy to find, being located right on the RIver Liffey within walking distance of almost every major landmark.

The facilities were basic and a little dirty. The layout was very strange, a maze of hallways and stairs. There were some cool features like the theater room and the hammocks, but I never really used them.

Bottom line, It's not bad for the price, but I'd check other places before you book here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jburritt
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

After a disaster of a stay at the Arlington O'Connel Bridge hotel, myself and a couple of friends scrambled to find some place else to stay. This Hostel was a few doors down from the Arlington, and a far better deal. I am pretty leery about staying at a hostel, but we rolled the dice and gave this place a shot... So glad we did. We reserved a 4 person room with its own bathroom and found it to be on par with the Arlington, but 1/2 the price. Our first night at the Arlington, I barely got any sleep... at Abbey Court, we had no issues at all. Friendly staff, clean room... We were extraordinarily pleased with our stay. I would strongly recommend staying at the Abbey Court over the Arlington Hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I planed to stay here for 3 nights but I extended my stay too 6 nights s it was so good! It's in the middle of the city, staff are verry friendly, they told my about some good places to visit, the food was good in the morning. The free wifi was soo good and comfy beds! Will come back!

Room Tip: Stayed in few rooms as I have come befor and all good!! 😊
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends