Donnybrook Hall Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness centre
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bcity centrehome from homeirish hospitalitydublin horse showtesco expressbed breakfastminute bus ridesoda breadbreakfast was deliciousquiet locationgreat place to stayfresh fruitsingle roomtea and coffeevisiting dublinroom was spotless
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2012

What a great find! Jerry and Anthony treated us like old friends when we stayed at Donnybrook Hall for the first time. They offer much more than a roof over the head; you are urged to eat a huge and varied breakfast, and, when we left at 6.00am, there was juice and a muffin waiting for us, since we had turned down the offer of sandwiches for our trip. Jerry gave us loads of information about what to do, where to go, etc. Just around the corner is O'Connells, one of the best places I've eaten in Dublin, or beyond for that matter. And the Donnybrook Fair supermarket, also a stone's throw away, is wonderful and also has a great restaurant upstairs. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3, looking out on to a very quiet road. Two large beds. Very comfortable
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank uwcgirl
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The owner, Terry, and his staff are highly helpful and informative. They are always ready to help you if any question or concern about your trip in Dublin. This accommodation is located in a little bit outside of the city's core, which means it is far from city noise and very calm at night but I must add that the neighborhood is just amazingly lovely. There is a nice restaurant and some shops for buying snacks or liquor just nearby. Still, it is very easy to access to the city central, maybe 10 to 15 minutes ride to O'Connell street, if take bus. Breakfast is great and I think they can customize your breakfast if you want. Actually they added unique flavor to each one of our breakfasts when we were staying there for 4 nights. Given all those I have experienced, I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MacKosh
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Donnybrook Hall Bed & Breakfast in Dublin and it was lovely. The rooms are really nice, the location is good, breakfast fantastic (from eggs benedict to their own fresh fruit and home-made yoghurt) and the staff are the best asset! I would have no hesitation in recommending Donnybrook Hall. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Phil & Pauline Carrick
Northern Ireland

Room Tip: I didn't take any photo's during my stay but did upload a video testimonial. Loved the place and it's the only B&B/Guesthouse that I have stayed in where I was offered tea, coffee and biscuits on arrival....nice touch! You can watch the video at http://youtu.be/6UlISN9ZfWw
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Phil C
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We started off with what appeared to be the wrong foot arriving earlier than expected and no one able to let us in. However, once settled we had a grand time of it. Terry and his staff were always ready to do anything they could to make our trip enjoyable. From the well prepared breakfast to travel arrangements, they were always asking if they could do more. We expect to return to Dublin as our daughter is attending UCD and we will be staying at Donnybrook Hall.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Aldo15_11
Reviewed 18 November 2011

This is a good quality B&B in a side street in a south suburb of Dublin. It will suit visitors to Donnybrook village or stadium. I was visiting UCD at the time. Our initial experience was somewhat comical in retrospect - the person on duty did not hear me ringing the doorbell but other guests did and opened the door, saying they were looking for the owner too. I phoned the landline only for the phone to ring in the front room with the other guests,which left us all a bit nonplussed. Fortunately the staff member on duty turned up and offered to park our car for us - valet parking is not common in B&Bs! The car park is behind, a couple of minutes walk away. Room, smallish but adequate for two, was on the ground floor but the area is quiet. All the expected facilities were there - TV, hairdryer, and a nice touch of free Wifi (I didn't have time to use it). Breakfast was nicely presented by quietly-spoken Terry. There is the usual array of tourist info available.
A safe recommendation.