“Lovely room at an affordable price!”
Review of Amberley House

Amberley House
Ranked #40 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 April 2015

Very good size room, we only booked a double but also had a single which was handy. Room was spotless and had a homely feel to it. Complimentary biscuits and water was also a very nice touch. The staff made us feel very welcome, and even kept our bags safe for about 6 hours after we left their room.
My partner and I were both extremely satisfied with our stay, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wallismaster
Heidi_McKiernan, General Manager at Amberley House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Dear Wallismaster,

Let me first thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate all of our guests perspective as your feedback is essential in order to improve or maintain the service we provide.

I am delighted you liked your room and our facilities as we do feel these extra touches such as complimentary water on arrival, biscuits and sweets, really sets us aside from other guesthouses.

I am so pleased you had a positive experience with our staff and I will pass on your kind words.

Thank you again for choosing Amberley Guesthouse and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again in the future.

Kind Regard,
Sinead

There are newer reviews for Amberley House

Reviewed 15 April 2015

I booked the hotel about 2 weeks before arriving it was a good price and is a great location for everything. My room was very clean and tidy. I like how they kept the room key when I went out so I didn't have to worry about loosing it.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo

Dear WoodyJ07,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review of Amberley House.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our location, as we do pride ourselves on being so centrally located, close to all major tourist attractions, shopping districts and nightlife.

I will pass on your kind words to our housekeeping team and I am very pleased you found your room to be clean and well maintained, as a high standard in this area is hugely important to us.

Thank you again for choosing The Amberley House and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Sinead

Reviewed 13 April 2015

The room was spotless and clean with a beautiful big window dominating one wall. The bed was comfortable and cosy. We were given complimentary sweets and biscuits, coffee and tea, and three bottles of water, which was a nice treat. The television was modern with a usb connection, which was handy. The bathroom was small but very clean. We were also given good quality complimentary soaps, which was nice.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Heidi_McKiernan, Manager at Amberley House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you once again for booking with The Amberley House. We appreciate and encourage all feedback from our guests as your perspective is essential to achieving and maintaining the best possible standards.

Thank you again for this nice review, hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

Stayed for a week in the 2 bed apartment. It was beautifully redone... all new furniture & very modern. The desk staff were very helpful. Close to everything. Only downside is that there was construction right outside our bedroom window which was loud. Maybe some kind of soundproof windows would help with noise. Other than that we were very happy with our apartment in beautiful Dublin!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Amberley House. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate you mentioning our ‘Helpful staff’ as our customer service is very important to us. I will pass on your comments to the team.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Amberley House.

Reviewed 8 April 2015

I decided to book the room in Amberley house as I was visiting Dublin on my own and wanted to have a cozy lodge with private bathroom. This hotel is one of hotel chain in Dublin, this one has a nice and comfortable design, it is a complex of rooms and apartments, probably next time I would choose the apartment as I would be able to cook. My room was at the top floor which can be difficult to reach for those who don't like stairs, it is actually an old style building with its own architecture. My room was quite and well connected to internet, in the room was the kettle for making coffee and tea with biscuits and water. The room was a double room sized even if I was alone,rest rooms in other places. it was a 12 mq and not 6/7 mq, I think that rooms here are well sized since I know other types of rooms, I liked it very much. The breakfast is well served, it has irish breakfast and continental breakfast, the girls who are at the breakfast room are really nice.
The hotel is well situated in the city, close to the train main station and just in front of the bus stop which bus goes to the Airport. I definitely recommend this Hotel.
Dewina

Room Tip: Ask if it has elevator
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dewina a

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Amberley House. I was very much pleased to read your wonderful review and I am pleased also to note that you enjoyed your stay.

Please feel free to contact me directly on your next trip to Dublin and it will be my pleasure to assist you with any requests or queries you might have.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

We travelled with our daughter and her family so needed 3 rooms. First, our room was lovely, spacious, clean and updated. Quietly located at the back, it had a brand new large bath with a tub and heated floor. We took a 2 bedroom apartment for the family which was in another building, but close by. It was clean and spacious BUT in serious need of refurbishment. The stove was virtually non functional, the shower only worked sporadically and someone had messed up the TV remotes so they were impossible to use. There is no room to room communication so the front desk person must call for you , IF they can locate the Number!
The breakfast was excellent (for €7) additional but worth it. Neighborhood isn't great but has easy access to everywhere.

Room Tip: Room 21 at the back is excellent, quiet and has a great bath. apartment 10 is not good until it is...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Nina G, General Manager at Amberley House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2015

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and for choosing to stay at Amberley House. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and loved the decor and furnishings in your room.
It is always our aim to ensure guests enjoy their time here with us and it is disheartening to hear that this was not the case for some of your family members. I will personally check the issue that you were having with the shower, to ensure this does not happen to another guest and will check the TV remotes are in working order.
I am delighted to hear you enjoy our continental and full Irish breakfast. This can also be booked when booking your room as part of the package.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback and we hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed 25 March 2015

As the title says, the location is great but...

Property: We had a one bedroom unit that was in the next block from the check in location so had to haul our luggage there. The unit had dated furniture that was so bulky it took up too much room. The four seat dining table had to be pulled into the center of the room for everyone to eat. Kitchen was moderately equipped with utensils but had all the cooking needs required. Bedroom was two beds and an armoire. The TV in the living area was about 5+ feet up the wall and honestly, I got a sore neck from trying to watch TV!

Check in/out: No problems but no way getting in earlier than 2pm. That's not an expectation but always a pleasant surprise if your schedule needs it. Person at the counter did help us take the luggage down the street and then showed us how the apartment worked. Parking is in a pay garage about an 8 minute walk away but you get a discounted rate being a hotel guest.

Location: Excellent and lousy. Excellent in that you can forget your car since you are close enough to all the central Dublin offers. Lousy in that our room was on the main street and sleeping was nearly impossible due to road/car noise. Who needs an alarm clock when traffic picks up at 6am and wakes you up? They need to insulate the windows or put some sort of sound proofing on them. By reading the other reviews you know that this is a BIG issue as nearly everyone comments on it.

If I could be guaranteed a room off the main street I would probably come back since the price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms that are on the main street!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family

Our range of apartments are in the building next to your guesthouse. I am sorry you didn't like the TV that was mounted on the wall, most guests enjoy this feature.
Check-in time is actually 4.00pm for our apartments so our reception staff had helped out in checking you in two hours early at 2.00pm. Our accommodation staff work hard to try get all apartments cleaned asap whilst insuring the apartments are cleaned to the best level.
We are certainly very lucky to be located in such a central area of Dublin in walking distance to top attractions, restaurants and bars.
With regards the road noise, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Should you stay with us again in the future, please contact me directly to discuss an apartment away from the road.