“Abondon Hope all ye who enter here!”
Review of Amberley House

Amberley House
Ranked #35 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2015

I travel to Dublin on business on a regular basis and have never ever stayed in such a dirty squalid environment. I stayed here for 4 nights and paid 700+ euro.

It all started rather ominously, when I couldn't check in because I couldn't gain access through the locked front door, as the one and only member to staff was not manning the reception desk.

I then asked if they could hold my suitcase until I returned from work as I had arrived before the permitted check-in time. I then returned from work that evening to check-in and collect my case only to find that they had loaded bags and bags of dirty hotel laundry on top of my case.... In a nutshell... I then attempted to get in my room, only to have the door hit the bed as I was trying to open it.....the service ethic is non-existent, the rooms are dirty and still had the previous residents empty food wrappers on the floor, the bathroom is covered in black mould and the general standard of decor is really poor. Do yourself a favor and stay in a YHA, it would undoubtedly be a far more luxurious experience!!!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Morfa390
Heidi_McKiernan, Manager at Amberley House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate any feedback or comments our guests may have as it is your perspective which is essential in order for us to improve the service we provide.
I can assure you this is not the norm for The Amberley House, as one can see from many other reviews, our rooms are cleaned to a very high standard. I regret not being told about this issue during your stay as it would have been investigated immediately.
Thank you again for choosing The Amberley House. I hope should you return to Dublin again you contact us directly to discuss a reservation either with us or with one of our sister properties in the hopes we can restore your faith in our brand.

Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

stayed overnight for tour of Dublin. Myself my wife and uncle. Booked a 2 bedroom apartment self catering. For € 99. Fantastically clean. Very close to Temple bar district. Car parking offsite but only 5 minute walk. Highly recommend it

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Heidi_McKiernan, Manager at Amberley House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.
I am glad that you so enjoyed your stay here with us, and I hope that you will keep us in mind should you return to stay in Dublin again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2015 via mobile

We booked the Amberley hotel whilst in Dublin and at 10pm at night (last minute!) after a dreadful experience at another Dublin hotel (that will be reviewed next!). I called them in desperate need and they were only too happy to accommodate us. When booking to stay in Dublin, we wanted a good location so naturally headed for Temple Bar. This hotel is 10-15 min walk away but at a more reasonable price - we paid more for a crap youth hostel than this hotel and I would stay here again ANYTIME! The room was spotless, comfortable, decorated to a high standard, complimentary water, tea/coffee and biscuits, a boiling hot shower, fresh crisp white linen and a really comfy bed. I only wish we knew about this place at the time we booked our trip. The hotel staff were so friendly and helpful and especially loved the full Irish brekkie in the morning. I urge you to try this hotel because for the money, you get a really pleasant experience. We will be coming back to stay here when we visit Dublin again! Thanks for 'saving us' from the horrendous hostel!!!!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review and for choosing The Amberley House. We appreciate all of our guests feedback as your perspective is invaluable to us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the team. We will look forward to welcoming you back to The Amberley House again in the future

Reviewed 16 April 2015

Very good size room, we only booked a double but also had a single which was handy. Room was spotless and had a homely feel to it. Complimentary biscuits and water was also a very nice touch. The staff made us feel very welcome, and even kept our bags safe for about 6 hours after we left their room.
My partner and I were both extremely satisfied with our stay, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wallismaster
Heidi_McKiernan, General Manager at Amberley House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Dear Wallismaster,

Let me first thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate all of our guests perspective as your feedback is essential in order to improve or maintain the service we provide.

I am delighted you liked your room and our facilities as we do feel these extra touches such as complimentary water on arrival, biscuits and sweets, really sets us aside from other guesthouses.

I am so pleased you had a positive experience with our staff and I will pass on your kind words.

Thank you again for choosing Amberley Guesthouse and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again in the future.

Kind Regard,
Sinead

Reviewed 15 April 2015

I booked the hotel about 2 weeks before arriving it was a good price and is a great location for everything. My room was very clean and tidy. I like how they kept the room key when I went out so I didn't have to worry about loosing it.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo

Dear WoodyJ07,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review of Amberley House.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our location, as we do pride ourselves on being so centrally located, close to all major tourist attractions, shopping districts and nightlife.

I will pass on your kind words to our housekeeping team and I am very pleased you found your room to be clean and well maintained, as a high standard in this area is hugely important to us.

Thank you again for choosing The Amberley House and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Sinead

Reviewed 13 April 2015

The room was spotless and clean with a beautiful big window dominating one wall. The bed was comfortable and cosy. We were given complimentary sweets and biscuits, coffee and tea, and three bottles of water, which was a nice treat. The television was modern with a usb connection, which was handy. The bathroom was small but very clean. We were also given good quality complimentary soaps, which was nice.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Heidi_McKiernan, Manager at Amberley House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you once again for booking with The Amberley House. We appreciate and encourage all feedback from our guests as your perspective is essential to achieving and maintaining the best possible standards.

Thank you again for this nice review, hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Silviu Tanase

Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

Stayed for a week in the 2 bed apartment. It was beautifully redone... all new furniture & very modern. The desk staff were very helpful. Close to everything. Only downside is that there was construction right outside our bedroom window which was loud. Maybe some kind of soundproof windows would help with noise. Other than that we were very happy with our apartment in beautiful Dublin!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Amberley House. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate you mentioning our ‘Helpful staff’ as our customer service is very important to us. I will pass on your comments to the team.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Amberley House.

Silviu Tanase