“Loved this hotel! Large and comfy rooms, convenient location, wonderful service”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here on our last night in Dublin and this hotel was a great way to end our week in Ireland (because there's nothing worse than leaving a trip on a bad note right?). The hotel is very modern and chic, and the bar area is very cozy. All the staff, at the front desk, at the bar, and room service, were very friendly. When we asked for extra shampoo and a second bathrobe, they promptly brought some to our room. The bathtub is WONDERFUL. It's separate from the shower, which I really appreciated. I hadn't had a proper bath in years, and having a soak after a long week of traveling felt heavenly. The rooms are spacious, and there's so many amenities -- even a speaker system that lets you listen to the TV in the bath. The location is also very convenient -- just a couple blocks away from Christchurch Cathedral and Leo Burdock's (Dublin's oldest fish&chips), which is then another street or so away from the Temple Bar area. Definitely loved everything about staying here and will be back when we're next in Dublin!

Room Tip: We didn't upgrade or splurge and our room (we were on the third floor) was still better than we...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edna Z

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed on a dinner bed and breakfast deal for180 euros. The room was nice and a good size, TV was a modern flatscreen. Bathroom was lovely with a separate bath and shower. Dinner in the restaurant was very good. I had clams to start, followed by duck and creme brulee to finish. A whole bulb of roasted garlic with bread at the start was a lovely touch. It had been cut in half and the garlic was soft and easy to spread over the bread. Delicious! Breakfast was a top notch buffet breakfast with a huge selection. You could order things like an omlette as well. Check in/out staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NottinghamTim
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The hotel itself is classy both in style and service. The problem is that it lies in quite a derilict area, there is even a caravan park in the same street. The room was wonderful, warm and spacious. All in all, it is a good hotel for business but I would not recommend it to families or female singles because of the negative surroundings. It is quiet though, since there are not any corner shops nor bars or restaurants closeby. So you must either walk a while or eat at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank PINGUZ
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed at the Radisson for one evening and I thought the front of house service was very good indeed. The team were very polite and allowed me to check in early.

The room and environment in general was great - the room was nice, great bathrooms and a fabulous shower.

Breakfast was very good - although I arrived at 6:30 and not everything was ready. I believe the breakfast is meant to start at 6 so it wouldn't have been great if I had gone earlier. Good quality food, a wide choice and friendly staff.

There were two downsides to my stay - had these been up to the standard of the rest of the hotel I would have probably given a 5/5.

1. Room location - I was on the first floor near the reception area. This is also near the bar so I could hear people having a fabulous time downstairs. Not ideal when you are trying to sleep - next time I would ask for a room away from this area.

2. Room service - crickey. I didn't have high expectations as I ordered a dish which is available 24 hours a day so I knew I would be getting ready meal quality fodder but it fell short of this expecation! First the wine was wrong but they rectified this very quickly. The curry was very average but acceptable (I wouldn't have been impressed if I was paying my own 18.50 for it mind you!!). The popadums were not present so, once my wine reappeared, I mentioned this and off they went to retrieve them. They arrived in a pool of oil. And oil all over them! Completely inedible and should never have been served!

Other than those two points a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from reception and the bar - if people are having a good time in the bar you can...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kricho
Radisson Blu R, Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dear TripAdvisor User,

I appreicate your feedback from your stay. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the Room Service. Breakfast starts serving from 6.30am till 10.30am Monday's to Friday's also. If you would like to email me at sean.byrne@radissonblu.com and I will pass on information to the Head Chef and Restaurant Manager.

Kindest regards,
Sean Byrne

Reviewed 29 February 2012

This great hotel is very recomendable. My partner and I stayed for 3 nights and we were blown away by the level of service. The bar, restaurant, the clean rooms was all up to standard. However the team at the Front Desk, with the french manager were just so nice. Always helpful with our tourist questions and attentive as we passed through the lobby. The manager also arranged a fruit platter in the room for our check in as I had mentioned is was our aniversary. Staying here totally made our trip to Dublin.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for several nights with my daughter accompanying us part-time (for an extra charge we were provided with a comfortable roll-away bed). This hotel was exceptionally clean and tastefully decorated. The bar was chic and comfortable and the food excellent. Our room was not huge but sufficiently spacious with a nice couch and desk. The beds were really comfortable. The location was excellent. We were able to walk to most places and were right near the pub area. In the alternative,it was easy to get a taxi right outside the hotel. I would recommend this hotel without any qualifications.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ljrmsp
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is really the perfect hotel. Great breakfast, quite nice rooms, great shower bath, good service, international power plugs on the wall, TV speakers in the shower, ideal location.

Ok, to be fair there are a few things which could be better. The hotel doesn't have it's own gym/pool (they give you free access to a gym nearby, a few minute walk, with a pool etc, but you still need to leave the building). There are only about a dozen channels on TV and the TV could be bigger. That did not bother me at all, I just don't want to sound like Radisson commercial :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business