“Cool hotel in a great location”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin
Ranked #15 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Really impressed with this hotel - very smart interior, friendly staff, great bathroom, slept extremely well in a comfortable and quiet room. Wireless Internet is high speed and reliable. Good quality breakfast - all in all I would highly recommend if in Dublin on business.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 June 2012

modern clean and well appointed hotel in city centre.P erefct for weekend break. Love the bathroom. lacks a bit of character but the staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maeve2000
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I was here for 2 nights on business. Got in around 11 PM. Check in was smooth. Got a room on the 4th floor at the end of the corridor. The positive about this is that the room was very quiet. Internet speed was good, a big relief as compared to hotels in the US where the internet is barely high speed.

The bed was comfortable although the pillows were very soft so I ended up using 2 of them. TV had a very poor selection of channels, just 12 or so. In this day and age they cant get away with this and need to ensure more channels are available. The other gripe I had was that my room overlooked another apartment. I could see the TV of the apartments opposite to my room. So its safe to assume they can see me. So in the morning hours I had to keep the curtains drawn, which I hate. Dont know if they can do something about this but its a big issue.

The location is very well placed with the hotel being close to Grafton Street and Temple Bar. Its close enough to get there under a 10 minute walk but far enough that you dont get disturbed by the hectic night life of that area.

Would I repeat the hotel? Probably but make sure that I choose the room side which does not overlook the neighboring apartment.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Radisson Blu R, Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay. I apologise about your room location, we will ensure you are located in a different room for your future stays. Thank you for the feedback regarding the TV Channels I will pass this information on.

Have a nice day.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

The location is quite deceiving - large spacious lobby. Very welcoming staff and quick and easy to check in. Very comfortable room - only drawback was the single bed. Said this in a questionnaire I completed and they replied straight away saying that they were sorry this was the case and have it on my records to have a double bed in future: excellent service. Amazing bathroom - very plush and loads of towels and superb shower. Excellent breakfast - fantastic choices to choose from. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a double bed if its single occupancy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank robynbyrd
Radisson Blu R, Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear TripAdvisor user,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on the hotel. I have passed this information on to all staff and they are delighted to hear about your stay. Really appreciate your feedback regarding the bathroom, and the breakfast as well. I am glad the team responded to your query about the single bed. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Have a great weekend.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed here for our wedding anniversary and felt really looked after by the great staff.
The room was large, beds very comfortable and the bathroom was very cool with massive bath and shower.

Location is perfect, right in the Grafton Street area and close to some great restaurants - try out Russo's just round the corner, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Visited on a quiet Friday night, Jazz combo playing in bar from 18.30pm to 20.30pm, great singer with all the classics to enjoy. We were on a girls night and had cocktails and a finger food platter.
The Italian waiter serving could not have been more helpful, took plenty time to chat and see what we like to drink and then made great recommendations of which cocktails we would enjoy.
Food platter was excellent, definately a cut above the usual bbq wings etc. Top marks to this bar. Only a short walk from Georges St, would definately consider staying here on my next trip to Dublin

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear TripAdvisor user,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the Cocktails and The Jazz Music at the bar on Friday Nights. Alessandro, The Bar Manager, was serving you and he will be delighted to hear this great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Enjoy your weekend.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

We spent 3 nights here at the end of our Ireland trip. When booking I got the impression the location was a bit out of the way, but I must have been looking at my Google maps wrong because the Radisson Blu is exactly where you would want to stay in Dublin, we were able to walk to all the sites we wanted to visit.
From check-in to check-out it was an overall lovely hotel to stay at.
I've got to give a shout out to Sonia at reception, she was great when we checked in, and we were lucky enough to have her again at check-out. Radisson Blu Dublin bosses if you're reading this, give Sonia a raise!
We had a business class room which was very clean and had plenty of room for the two of us, plenty of storage space to put away bags, the wi-fi was strong, the windows open (I know, I'm weird, but this is a plus in my world) and the bathroom was tops.
The shower itself was a joy to behold, wish I had one just like it at home.
There was a Nespresso machine in the room, which I used every night. Lucky I don't have one of those at home, very addictive to have a decaf espresso before bed.
As others have commented, the breakfast offered is extensive and well done.
Looking forward to be able to return at some point in time.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DumbDog

Dear TripAdvisor user,

I am glad to hear about your trip in Ireland. I appreciate your feedback regarding Sonia at Reception, I will pass on this great feedback to her. Also, delighted to hear your all round feedback regarding the Business Class Rooms. We look forward to having you back with us in the future. Enjoy your weekend.