“Fun Bottomless Prosecco lunch! ”

The Exchequer Wine Bar
Ranked #955 of 2,639 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Great buzz of a Saturday afternoon! Customer service improved immensely after we paid a decent tip! Limited food menu done very well! Extensive wine menu! We had a great day and I will definitely be back!

There are newer reviews for The Exchequer Wine Bar

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Was here for first time on Saturday . The staff were super , very helpful with the wine list . The place was very busy and great buzzy atmosphere.
Down side - The menu is expensive for a wine bar - unfortunately I was disappointed by the gnocchi which was bland as were the veg with it.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

We had dinner at Exchequer.
it is a bar with restaurant area. Wine list is commendable with some quality yet not too expensive wines. We had Kanonkop Kadette from South Africa and it was quite good.

Food was quite let down. They run fixed price menu on certain days where 3 dishes (starter main and desert, you can negotiate to have 2 starters and mine instead, or just starter and mine for EUR 5 less) for EUR 29.95 (Sun-Wed or Mon-Wed).

I had King prawns in Chili sauce, french onion soup and fillet of Hake (served on the bed of risotto). Best dish was onion soup. Prawns were drenched in oil and served with heads and tails. Hake was quite tender but utterly tasteless - risotto tasted better.

Additionally, music was very loud and at times intervened with our conversation.

I would not recommend against visiting the place, but I'd limit choice to drinks and perhaps starter.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We were attending a friend's birthday dinner. The staff were excellent & very attentive but the food I found to be very mediocre & slightly disappointing. I had prawns to start which were tasteless but they were cooked correctly. I had the slow cooked rib of beef for the mains & quite frankly very uninteresting & tastless it left me wanting. My partner had French Onion soup to start which he felt was just average. His rack of lamb was appalling he got two small chops & at €28 this is awful value for money. Would probably go back for drinks but not for food as it's overpriced for the portion & quality that you receive. It has a good atmosphere though & great staff.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Located a short walk from the Luas. Fantastic wine list and a great cocktail menu. Foods not to bad either!! Called in too many times for a quick drink after work and ended up spending the whole evening there. Friendly staff too!