“Great tasting food”
Review of 53 Avenue Bistro

53 Avenue Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
53 Avenue Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #548 of 2,889 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Irish, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We would like to welcome you to 53 Avenue for a truly satisfying mediterranean experience, couple with some favourite Irish Delicacies. Our warm, welcoming staff will deliver to your table any delicious selection from our exciting menu. We serve a variety of breakfasts to suit any palate and serve the best lunches and brunches around. Drop in for our early bird menu, or reserve a dinner table for some extra special dining. Call us in advance to reserve your table for dinner. Bring your own wine, or order from our carefully selected wine list, designed to compliment our popular recipes. While being a new addition to Killester, we have over 15 years experience serving quality food to many happy customers. We are conveniently located across from SuperValu in Killester, between Master Care & Killester College on Collins Avenue East. Free On-Street-Parking Available.
Reviewed May 15, 2017

Our family of 4 had a lovely meal here. The prawn and chorizo starter was delicious. The seafood risotto and chicken pasta mains were excellent. Eton mess for dessert was great.Service was very friendly. We were last to finish but didn't feel we were being rushed out the door. I wouldn't say it's cheap but the food really is excellent. Definitely worth a return visit.

Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

A nice, small, friendly bistro. Brunch menu was really tasty and the kids loved the wings. Good service, excellent food and good value.

ion c, Manager at 53 Avenue Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Thank you for the review, your feedback is always appreciated☺️. The back terrace will be open very soon, we hope to see you again enjoying the Avenue experience once more.

Kind Regards,
53Avenue

Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

Had a family lunch at 53 Avenue.

I had the special - large bowl of soup and a warm chicken breast sandwich.

Both were freshly made and excellent.

The staff were very friendly and hospitable,

I strongly recommend a visit to this hidden away restaurant for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Top class quality food and very good value for money.

Reviewed November 29, 2016

This is a nice place which offers some very tasty food. However, if you have food requirements such as allergies beware!
I advised the waiter (who I think is also the owner) that I cannot eat wheat. I was told that I could eat everything which is served with the full irish breakfast. Unfortunately, this was not the case and I suffered the consequences. The next time I frequented 53 Avenue, I asked about the breakfast and was told by the same guy that I could only eat the bacon, egg and tomato from the breakfast.
I did not raise this issue as I was not in the mood for an argument but if you do try this place out, be careful what you order.
Have also had dinner here a few times and their food is generally very tasty.

2  Thank Brian M
Reviewed November 25, 2016

My husband and I have eaten here a number of times. Since my previous visit, I have been dreaming about their mixed board with the fresh bread. We took a chance early last Saturday evening around 6:30 that a table would be available. Lucky for us, the bistro wasn't fully booked until 8:30. We were greeted by their very charming host. Instead of main courses, we decided to share 3 starters. The first choice, of course, was the mixed board. We weren't too fond of the crackers, but the warm fresh bread made up for them. Our next choice was the tiger prawns in a spiced tomato sauce. I have never tasted anything like it. Delicious! Finally we decided on the chicken wings. Again, much better than expected! We also shared the chocolate fondant for dessert. My husband took more than his fair share! The house red was of a very good quality. Will be back, for sure.