“Delicious food in a friend local tapas restuarant”
Review of Casa Del Toro

Casa Del Toro
Ranked #830 of 2,729 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Great restaurant in Drumcondra.

Very friendly and welcoming staff. Excellent selection of food and wine. Very good for veggies. Each tapas plate was delicious. Good crowd there even on a Sunday night.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Went here last Saturday with the girls and the food was delicious. My favorites were the duck, calamari and the special chicken and chorizo paella. Not even €50 each for 4 of us with starters, mains, dessert and 3 bottles of wine! Staff were lively and helpful too. Will definitely be revisiting!!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I ate here recently on a rare night out and have to say didn't disappoint. There wasn't a dish I could fault (esp liked patatas bravas) and the staff and service were exceptional.Will definitely be coming back! !

Reviewed 3 April 2017

I felt scammed coming to this restaurant... I am spanish and I know I cant expect the same food quality/quantity that you could get in Spain but this dinner we got was just ridiculous.

Tiny portions, over priced, tasteless...not spanish taste at all.

We got a Serrano ham and cheese platter for 12€ which consisted in:
3 sliced of serrano ham (the cheapest in the market) and 3 tiny pieces of 'Manchego cheese' all topped up with strawberries( yes...strawberries), apple slices and grapes...that you meant to eat with cheese...if we had any!!!! unbelievable.

Patatas bravas: With tomato sauce on top, same sauce you will use for your pasta...that is not patatas bravas I am afraid my friends.

Pimientos del piquillo: I think we got 6 or 7 tiny peppers for a reasonable price of 5.50€. (Again, I felt scammed)

Croquetas: Not even nice or similar to the Spanish ones...

etc, etc etc...

Seriously guys, do not come to this place looking for spanish tapas, not even for nice food or for food in general.

5  Thank Ana D
Reviewed 2 April 2017

This is a local restaurant and a very good option. My particular favorite are the calamari and you should definitely give the chips with truffle mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese a try!