“Great Pizzas & very busy at lunch time, so book early. ”
Review of Osteria Lucio

Osteria Lucio
Ranked #343 of 2,935 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

Had never been but heard good things about it, especially given who one of the owner's is.
A business lunch booked in advance and we got a table in the soundproof bunker!
Interesting location but a bit noisey when you have the trains and the ladies who do lunch coming in in their numbers.

Very tasty pizza and worth a trip again at a quieter time to experience it again.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank MyOwnBrew

Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

We had the Big Lucio as we were celebrating an anniversary. It’s a great way to sample the menu. Food was excellent, in particular the gnocchi and tiramisu.

It’s not cheap but the price reflects the quality of the food.

A really great Italian - highly recommended

Reviewed November 2, 2018

First time here before a show in Bord Gais - Loved the squid ink arancini, polenta fries and pizza. The wine was also gorgeous and the ambiance + staff were impeccable. Rating and overall impression was tarnished however when we were charged €11 for 2 lemoncellos. It may be my ignorance to assume lemoncello's are complimentary in Italians (or with a small fee), however, it did put a sour taste in my mouth, excuse the pun!

Reviewed November 2, 2018

Last night I went to Osteria Lucio for the second time in the last month or so. On the first occasion I went with my chum The Prof. He is a regular there and the manager knew his first name. Our early evening meal was delicious but service was nail-bitingly delayed - there was a big pre-theatre rush and The Prof and I were anxious about getting to the Grand Canal Theatre on time. The manager offered a free dessert but there wasn't time. He then promised The Prof he would make amends.
Anyway, I wasn't put off and when my former colleagues eventually identified a suitable night for a reunion, I suggested Osteria Lucio. The six of us gathered there last night. Janey, Sal and Gina had also been there before and had only good things to say. Kate and Moll were newbies.
I enjoyed my goat cheese starter and then my main course of gnocchi with crab and mussels. Everyone else liked their respective dishes. Sal and Kate had pizzas, which were too big to eat all in one go. Sal had them boxed up to take home for her nephew.
There is a great buzz to the place and the service is efficient and friendly. I like the cellar-like environment and the decor and plan to bring the husband there some time.
Six starters and main courses (a mix of a la carte and pre-theatre menus), two affogatos and three(?) bottles of red came to about €360 (€60 a head).
A good night was had by all.

1  Thank Urania7
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

Ate here Saturday evening with my family. From the second we walked in the door the staff were excellent and friendly. The service as fantastic. The food was the best! We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: October 2018