“Try the Chorizo and Chicken Skewers”
Review of The Market Bar

The Market Bar
Ranked #236 of 2,723 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Had the Chorizo and Chicken Skewers on two recent visits to The Market Bar and I really enjoyed them, Excellent Patatas Bravas too. NIce airy restaurant and no trouble getting a table because there are plenty of them. Staff helpful and attentive.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

This place is a great stop for a larger group of people with his bench style seating. Food is a bit more tapas style- ideal for sharing or smaller appetite.

Walnut, beet & goat cheese salad was to die for. The bread with dips was good, coming with 3 types of dips to satisfy any taste. Rave reviews from others about the fish skewers as well as the fish stew.

Cons: Food service stops at 21:30. Pizza tasted like from frozen.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Although I admit I haven't been for a while, I've been going to the Market Bar for many years now, after being introduced by a friend. I've always liked the casual come and go nature of it, not knowing who you might end up sharing a table with and the swift, friendly service. I was meeting a couple of friends there this evening and when the first of the party arrived she was unceremoniously told she wouldn't be seated until were all there. This was despite the fact that it was early and the place was empty. I arrived a couple of minutes later and we tried again to get a table. Again, we were brusquely told that we would not be seated until the last diner had arrived as we could only have the table for two hours. We said that we didn't need the table for more than two hours and that, if our friend arrived too late to eat, surely that was our problem, that we would still obviously vacate the table at the required time. No dice. I asked if the place was even still a bar and was told no, it's a restaurant. I asked if I could book a table, in that case, but no, that's not allowed either. I made to leave, but my friend has more patience, so we stood and waited surrounded by the sea of empty tables. Shortly before the last of us arrived we were, somewhat belligerently, given a table along with the muttered excuse that all customers are treated in this fashion. I must say that the food was delicious, as always. But there's obviously a new regime at the Market Bar, sorry, Market Restaurant, and I don't like it. I doubt I'll be back.

1  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 16 June 2017

This is a fantastic bar and restaurant. Absolutely buzzing; just have a drink and wait for one of the long tables to be free. Food very good and a really good place for younger people to meet up. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Recommended by a local friend, we where quite unpleasantly surprised to meet Our lunch pizzas. Special of the day, the pizza base was a shop bought frozen one. After complaining the waiters very politely admitted to the dish not having been prepared on the premises and offerd a replacement of goat cheese crostinis plus complimentary patatas bravas. A friend had nachos which where also quite lame. The food is not to be recommended, but the service was polite and the place is beautiful.