“Exactly what we wanted at the time”
Review of Havana Tapas Bar

Havana Tapas Bar
Ranked #838 of 2,724 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Myself and my partner decided to have a quick bite to eat just something small before a comedy gig up the road.

Walked in off the St were given a choice of tables. Was a Tuesday ight so nice and quiet but still a few people in the restaurant.

We shared a starter and a platter as we only wanted something small. Both were lovely. Service spot on. Finished it off with 2 plates of churros for desert with chocolate sauce.
I've been before and I'll be back again. No doubt.
With drinks it came to under €30

2  Thank ConWrixon

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Very bad service, I had to approach the server to be served. Do not order a Cosmo- they had put it in a big glass with a slice of lime... And caught the server googling how to make it. Also, I've ordered a soda, they opened a 500ml bottle and they poured some on my glass. They kept the half opened bottle back in the fridge.

Ambiance is nice, it's just too bad service wasn't.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

We stopped by Havanas on a whim as we were passing one evening moving between bars. I think it's perfect for this kind of pit stop as is the purpose of tapas but we weren't blown away by flavour or authenticity. We had the patatas bravas, the Spanish meatballs and a chicken and chorizo paella. The paella lacked any real flavour but the meatballs were juicy. I was probably most let down by our glasses of Sangria though.

1  Thank EmmaCarey
Reviewed 1 August 2016

went there for a colleagues leaving dinner. arrived early but happy to accommadate before everyone arrived. very good value, great service and a varied and interesting menu. very socialable meal and decent portion sizes.

3  Thank patrick h
Reviewed 29 July 2016

I've been to Havana lots of times and twice in the past week, both times with out of town friends who haven't been there before. I love it for the casual atmosphere and unhurried pace, whether you're just having a coffee or lingering over lunch, there's nobody in your face trying to hurry you. The eclectic decor and comfortable seating arrangements, upbeat background music that's not too loud, and attentive, though not pushy staff, make it my 'go to place' for informal meet-ups. My Italian and Australian friends loved it also!

2  Thank LizMorrissey