All reviewsdun laoghairefull irishyogurtaviva stadiumminute walkensuitebuses
Reviewed July 27, 2017

This is very good value and is in a great location. There was gracious welcome and you were given all the information that you would need. it was so easy to walk down to the shops and to the waterfront. It was a very quiet from the street. I noticed the next morning that the rooms seemed all slept in and the dining room was busy. I went down to find a cafe as I wanted breakfast a little earlier.

Room Tip: yes the car park is very narrow and not a place where you would get a big car easily.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here (two rooms - double and a single) last minute for a rugby game at Dublin's Aviva Stadium. The rates were excellent.
We arrived early as we had taken the midnight ferry to Rosslare and then drove up to Dun Laoghaire. Anna welcomed us and said that she'd make up our rooms first and we could have them early.
The rooms were clean and comfortable with everything we needed.
Breakfast next morning was great with a full Irish as well as cereals, toast, fruit and yoghurts.
I have to say Anna was fantastic and went out of her way to be very helpful, to which we are very grateful. We can't thank her enough.
The B&B does have a small car park and getting to it can be fun (or stressful) if you have a larger car as access is difficult due to awkward fences and walls.
The train station into Dublin is just a 5-10 minute walk and the B&B is centrally located for local amenities.
I'd really recommend this place for a warm welcome and a comfortable and clean room.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2017

I booked into mulgrave lodge for 2 nights 21/5/17 and after reading previous reviews I was not expecting much however I was pleasantly surprised, the welcome I got was warm and genuine, I was given a downstairs room with an en suite and it was ideal for a short stay. Yes it's a bit dated but it was obvious they had addressed issues raised by other reviewers. My kettle and towels were brand new and the room clean and comfortable, the breakfast was varied and enjoyable. The selling point for me was location it is literally a few minutes walk to the town centre. I will definitely stay here again. People forget this is a no frills b&b not a 5 star hotel and if you just want somewhere to lay your head then this is ideal.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2017

The Mulgrave Lodge B&B
I have stayed in this establishment on a number of occasions and although expensive the staff are friendly, and courteous, the rooms are adequate, and maybe a little over warm, as I found that the radiators were piping hot and there was no way of adjusting them. However there is no-one available after 9pm, I didn't every have a breakfast, but I felt for anywhere between €50- €80 plus a night it is a hugely expensive place, but always seems booked out

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2016

The rooms are dirty and smelly, the carpets are old, and if by chance you need anything at night (something has broken, water has stoped or you locked yoursef outside the room), there is NO ONE there to help you fromm 8 p.m until next morning.

Room Tip: Just don't go there!!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends