“As good as 5*”
Review of Royal Marine Hotel

Royal Marine Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Dun Laoghaire
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stayed here on a megadeal for Mothers Day. Have to say the view was amazing - the room spotless and very comfortable. The staff were very polite and helpful. The spa is beautiful and the treatment was great. What more can a body ask for??? Also i never realised (although i am a Dub) that there is great history attached to the hotel and Michael Collins stayed here in 1920. All in all a very enjoyable stay .

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pier - the view at night is stunning.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank carrocar
ManagerRoyalMarine, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear carrocar,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel and our staff and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to our spa also.

Thank you for commenting and highligting some of the history of the hotel also.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed at the the Royal Marine for 5 days over the St. Patrick's Day holiday. The location is great, a bit outside the city but VERY easy to get right into Dublin on the DART. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The beds are very comfortable and overall well worth the price!
Most of the staff was very helpful and friendly, however, there was one woman who was pretty rude and dismissive. We had requested 2 single beds in both rooms and when we arrived there was one double. The other staff said it would not be a problem to separate the beds, however when we went to the desk to ask she refused. We were persistent and after making us wait about 25 minutes she finally called someone to separate the beds. She also yelled at us for using the wrong elevators when she didn't bother to tell us at check in which elevators went to our rooms.
Other than that though, the rest of the staff was very helpful in giving recommendations, ordering taxis, etc.
Also, after the first day we got breakfast outside the hotel. The breakfast there was not worth the price or the whole process of getting vouchers.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear mexica08,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our stay with us and that you rated the hotel so highly in all areas. Thank you for highligting the ease of access that there is to the hotel by public transport and I am sure that this was very useful during your travels to the city for the St. Patricks day celebrations.

I was also dissappointed to read your comments on the receptionist that you allege yelled at you for using the wrong elevator. My staff do not yell or raise their voices in any way to our guests but I am sorry if this is the perception that you had of this. I apologise for this perception and would be delighted to discuss the matter with you further if you so wish. Please contact me on email at aryan@royalmarine.ie if you wish to discuss the matter with me directly.

I hope to hear from you soon and I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

My experience here was beyond horrific. The staff were curt and dismissive. The room was meant to have a view. What view it did have was of a run-down office building. The food was alright until you got the bill. When we requested a room change to fit with what we thought we were getting in the first place, the hotel staff treated like we were bums off the street trying to get something for nothing. I would not recommend a stay here at all.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank WF789
ManagerRoyalMarine, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Dear WF789,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was dissappointed to read your comment and whilst i would disagree entirely that my staff were curt and dismissive, i would be grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this matter in person. Our staff go above and beyond the call of duty on many occasions every day and some of these instances are documented in other reviews on this site.

My staff would never treat any guest in the manner that you suggest as we are a hospitality business which prides itself on our ability to look after people in the best way possible.

I hope that i will have the opportunity to discuss the circumstances of your stay with us and i do apologise if you feel that you expectations were not met.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Grat stays - comfortable beds - excellent breakfast and helpful staff in a good location to get into central Dublin.
Need to get wireless in the rooms if they are to stay up there with the best - only a wired service currently in rooms plus free wifi in public areas.

Room Tip: If you can persuade them to give you a seaview!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear gn13565,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read your nice comments on the hotel and our staff and i hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We booked a deal on pigsback with this hotel, including B&B, spa treatments and a late checkout. The hotel is located very conveniently beside the train station and also overlooking the harbour. The hotel staff were very friendly, especcially the check in staff. Our room was modernly decorated with a sitting area and flatscreen tv, and the bed was large and extremely comfortable. The spa was amazing and the staff were very attentive. The thermal suite was perfect for relaxing in and the massage's were gorgeous. We ate in Hardys Bar that night and the food was reasonably priced and good quality.I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel and spa to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ciara_brock
ManagerRoyalMarine, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear ciara_brock,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found all of the facilties of the hotel to your liking and you found our staff to be very friendly.

Thank you for you nice comments about our spa and the staff there also. I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

My husband and I stayed the night in a double room with a fantastic sea view. Room was a bit small but we didn't mind as it was just one night. The bed was blissfully comfy and the room spotless.

I had an anti-ageing facial in the Sansana spa, therapist was Lydia. It was the best facial I've ever had. The free access to the thermal suite afterward was so enjoyable and made the visit special.

We went out for dinner so I can't comment on the hotel restaurant, but the buffet breakfast was excellent. Freshly prepared fruit, cooked food, pastries and bread, cheese, juices and cereals. Waiting staff were efficient and hard-working.

We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank EibhlinF

Dear EibhlinF,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was deligthed to read that you enjoyed your stay and your treatment in our spa. Thank you for your nice comments about our breakfast buffet and our hard working staff also.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

It is very rare to leave a hotel without any complaint but this was one of those occasions. All of the staff we dealt with could not have been more helpful, especially the check-in staff. Breakfast was beautiful and the tea we had for breakfast and later beside the open fire on a cool spring evening was the best tea we ever got in any hotel. This is a perfect place for a weekend and the local theatre puts on great shows. There was some noise because of parties but apart from that it was a perfect stay. Full marks to the staff. Can't wait to get back. George

Room Tip: Ask for a Sea View room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
ManagerRoyalMarine, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear GulliverUlysses,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read you nice comments about our staff and i am certianly very proud of what they do each day for our guests.

Thank you for sharing this with all other reviewers on Trip Advisor and I hope that we will have the opportutnity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon. If you felt any member of the staff deserves special recognition, please feel free to let me know and I will pass on your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dun Laoghaire
4.6 km away
Talbot Hotel Stillorgan
Talbot Hotel Stillorgan
#1 of 1 in Stillorgan

Been to Royal Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!