“A nice surprise and great find”

Pig and Heifer Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 94 Restaurants in Dun Laoghaire
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Had passed this restaurant on several occasions and dismissed it as a sort of lunchtime cafe that stayed open late and was a bit too bright. What a pleasant surprise when I booked a table for 3 on a Friday night. Once inside there was a really nice atmosphere, and the lighting and decor etc suddenly seemed inviting and authentic. And the food, every dish we tried .. vegetarian paella, patatas bravas, mackerel, octopus, and meatballs (for the chisler) ... was delicious. Portions, as others have said are generous. We went for the sangria which was a nice change to wine although I'll try their house red next time (being partial to spanish granacha). Service was friendly and faultless. The bill to feed 3 was the best value I can remember in the area for a long time, and looking forward to going back - I hope they don't change a lot at least until I've had a chance to work through the rest of their menu.

There are newer reviews for Pig and Heifer Tapas Restaurant

Reviewed 31 October 2015

I've been here twice and the food has been lovely on both occasions and good value for money. The staff are great, very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

We had booked to eat a quick meal before going to the cinema on a Tuesday so the restaurant was quiet. The staff were friendly and the tapas were excellent. Well worth a visit

Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

Visited Pig & Heifer with some friends on Friday evening. The food is very tasty and portions generous. The service was really lacking though partly due to the poor grasp of the English language by our waitress. We ordered a bottle of wine and had to remind them twice over a 30 min period to bring it. When they did bring it they served a glass of the wine! All other parts of the order had to be spelt out for her! One big issue is the tap water. I live in the local area and our tap water is fine however the tap water at the restaurant has a very strong smell & taste of chlorine which is not acceptable to be serving. We did enjoy the evening despite these problems and I will try it again as maybe it was just a blip. Overall very good value.

1  Thank Claire P
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Had my first meal here in July. Would normally go to the Gourmet Food Parlour but it wasn't open that evening. Was impressed with the food I ate here. There was a good choice of mainly authentic tapas dishes (that is variations on a Spanish theme). Service was adequate. A good amount of space between tables and a bright airy feel to the restaurant also. Have been trying to get a reservation here on a Friday evening twice recently and unsuccessfully so they must be doing something right. Will keep trying until I get one.

1  Thank Trishadem2015