“Good clean hostel but common room close at 10.30pm”
Review of Snoozles Hostel

Snoozles Hostel
Dublin, Ireland
“Good clean hostel but common room close at 10.30pm”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed in this hostel for 2 nights with friends. The rooms were clean. The shower curtains were too short for the shower so the bathroom turned into a lake! The staff were very friendly on the phone but once we arrived they were not very nice and not accommodating what so ever. We wanted to have a couple of drinks before we went out to a nightclub however the common room closes at 10 pm or 10.30 pm. There was no pressure in the shower and the water was only lukewarm.

The hostel is in a great location & is great value for money.

Most hostels I have been to are great fun however this hostel doesn't tolerate noise & if you are looking for a hostel that you can have a drink and the craic in (like we were!!) then this hostel should not be for you!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mary H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
tipperary
Reviewed 4 November 2011

It was my first time staying in a hostel and i was pleased with it. Clean comfortable and great location. very reasonably priced and quiet enough for a hostel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Meridian
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I have not stayed in any other hostels but this was just ok the rooms were fairly clean but there was some kind of film on the floor and the bathroom had no hand soap and when we asked for soap they said they would bring it up and then we finally got it filled the day we left 10 min before we checked out. We had 1 extra bed in our room and they let someone check in after midnight when we had already gone to bed not a very nice wake up call. their breakfast is toast and cereal so not much for the "free" breakfast. It did have a nice location and the staff was nice but I don't have any desire to stay at another hostel anytime soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We stayed just for one night. The only problem was that the shower didn't get so hot. The staff was nice and the room was clean.
Good location.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We were looking for a triple room when I was looking for accommodations in Galway. I was having a hard time finding anything reasonable as this was also the Galway Oyster Festival week. I talked to my friends and we decided to give it a try. Then one of my friends became sick and we were down to to two. I kept the reservation and the first night we were in a room with two others. We asked for a private twin room and they did move us the second and third night. The girls the first night were so interesting and we really enjoyed them. The shower was to get a renovation the next day and wow did it need it. Our private room bath had been renovated but not hot enough and the shower curtain was so short that water went everywhere. The second morning we had a cold shower, the third morning a warm one since we told the staff. I borrowed the hair dryer and it rocked though. Do not use the shared computer, I lost so much money in that thing. Mostly just trying to log off of my email account, i had logged on and then it went to a Euro site and could not get back because it locked up. I put more money in just to be able to log off as this kind man warned me he got hacked when he didn't properly log off. Ok, enough of that. The breakfast had toast and cereal and was ok for the price. I don't know if I will ever do this again but tried it and the discount for the Galway tour company was fab and the location could not be beat. The staff was great.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank flpab
Bocas Town, Panama
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Great reception area, very modern and clean. Measures are taken to make sure your things are secured and safe. We stayed here two nights. 1st night we were in a 10 room bunk and as it goes with Hostels, no guarantee as to who your bunk-mates will be. The first night was a large group, loud and there to party hardy. Which they did and we didn't get much sleep, but that's to be expected. The 2nd night we transferred to a private double room on the 3rd floor. Slept great!
As for the amenities, the bathroom leaves a little to be desired. Water gets everywhere despite your best efforts and no way to dry it up and no where to really hang your clothes so they don't get wet. Maybe a sanitary bathmat would help as well as a towel bar? Otherwise great place to crash for a few days if your want to keep it the price tag down and be close to everything.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quietest
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I stayed at Snoozles as part of the Young Fine Gael delegation at the National Conference, Galway 2011! The event itself was fantastic so the accommodation probably wouldn't have bothered me, regardless of how bad it was. However, this hostel was far from bad!
The room I was in (Room 101) was adequately large, the beds were comfortable and the temperature was pleasant throughout the day.
I shared with 5 others from the delegation so it was always going to be quite difficult to get much sleep but that didn't really bother me. The hostel was fine so I would have got sleep had I wanted it.

As for the breakfast, I can't comment there. I stayed two nights but I didn't wake up in time for the breakfast either morning so that was a pity but I heard from colleagues that it was fine.

In the hostel, there is a common room, with television, video games, internet access, books, pool table, jukebox and even a keyboard. There is also a terrace for when it's a nice day! The hostel really caters for all the needs of prospective travellers so I would thoroughly recommend it.
If I am back in Galway any time soon, I will be staying here again.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends