“Excellent stay for my best friends wedding”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Galway, Ireland
“Excellent stay for my best friends wedding”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We booked into the hotel the day before the wedding last September. From start to finish the hotel staff could not do enough for us. From carrying our bags to the rooms to delivering refreshments on the morning of the wedding as we got ready. The wedding reception went off with a hitch with a dedicated wedding co-ordinater on hand all day to keep us organised with photos, speeches etc. I had meant to put this review up straight after my stay but never got round to it. All in all we couldn't have asked for a better stay at any hotel. Highly recommend it!!

• Stayed September 2011
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear ‘emma-ry-ah’,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I have passed on your comments to all on the team and all have requested that I pass on to you a very sincere thank you.

We have an excellent reputation for hosting wedding receptions receiving feedback similar to yours on a consistent basis; this feedback is based on the positive personality of all on the team and indeed the excellent quality of the food product.

Thank you again and hopefully we will get to welcome you back to the Galway Bay Hotel in the future.

Kind regards,
Dan Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I walked into the bar/lounge area and ordered a drink and sat down for 20 minutes before anyone came up to me, i had to ask for a menu and when i did the female servers response was "are you staying here?" very very rude i thought to myself as i responded "yes i am" she returned with a menu and then never came back at all.. pretty rediculous for a 4 star hotel, so the following night i made reservations for the restaurant so i would hopefully get served that night, the restaurant was poorly staffed with about 4 servers for the 50 or 60 tabels they have, my server only came up to the tabel twice during my entire meal because she was too busy trying to rush everyone in and out, the food was alright - not great or rememberable, I didnt even have a sharp knife for half of my meal. i continued to shrug these things off and went out to the pubs, in the morning i woke up to call the front desk to ask for a late checkout, they called me back and said they were very busy and i couldnt check out late.. this stay was NOT GOOD!! will not be returning obviously and i hope no one else has the same experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Brian M
ireland
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Staff from reception to housekeeping they were both pleasant and helpful, but in particular after my son left his Nintendo Ds Console behind.
I hadn't even noticed,yet housekeeping had contacted reception who in turn called to advise me, arranged to forward it to us and it arrived promptly this morning. My son is thrilled as he would have been devastated had we not know whereweleftit.
The breakfast was a buffet with a wide range to choose from and the evening meal very tasty.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear ‘holly006’,

Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this super feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and your positive feedback regarding the team and indeed the quality of the breakfast buffet and evening meal are most welcome.

Thank you again and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Yours sincerely,
dublin
Reviewed 10 April 2012

excellent hotel We spent three nights there and we could not fault
anything about our time there.The staff were very friendly and courteous .no problem when checking in .
The menu and wine range in the restaurant was first class .
We stay at this hotel at least twice a year
We will definitely be visiting again this year

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear ‘finbarrl’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this wonderful feedback.

All on the team have requested that I pass on to you a very heart felt thank you. I am delighted to view your feedback regarding the menu and wine list being first class – these have been recently updated and renewed and are being commented on most favourably.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Warmest regards,
Cork
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Very nice rooms, although our double room was microscopic. Not a very nice location and not a very nice staff. I would not have chosen this for another stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear ‘Kornelia-Bul’,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you also most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently.

Thank you for your positive comment regarding the very nice bedroom. All of our guest bedrooms are of the same size and on review of our guest feedback database from over the years (opened in 1998) they have never been commented on as being small. We are located on the promenade in Salthill on the outskirts of Galway City, overlooking the beautiful Clare Hills and the famous Galway Bay with miles of seafront promenade on our door step. We are an extremely popular conference and leisure destination being the ideal base for guests visiting Galway City and exploring the magnificent Connemara area. We have a number of ‘Core Values’ which we live by daily - Positive Personality being our main Core Value and is very much a part of everything we do. I receive approximately 250 pieces of guest feedback on a daily basis and the feedback I receive regarding the team is overwhelmingly positive.

I would welcome the opportunity to chat in person at some stage in the future – please feel free to drop me a line at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We were delighted with the standard of accommodation in Ireland. This hotel in salthill was just by the sea. I'd stay again and enjoyed the friendliness.

• Stayed March 2012
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear ‘Muffinhotcake’,

Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for sharing your views with us. All on the team are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Warm regards,
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I didn't have the best experience in this hotel - when checking in at 2:30pm we were initially told our room wasn't ready yet, then there was hassle about the groupon voucher we were using. A woman I believe was the manager at the time was exceptionally rude and had a terrible attitude toward us from the beginning, there was a lovely girl on reception who was very friendly and helpful but was overshadowed by the other woman there.

The hotel itself is lovely and the views are beautiful but we found the service there only ok. Our room did not have a nice view, we looked out on to the car park and rooms across the way.We ordered breakfast to our room and found it to be only ok.

The treatments we underwent in the beauty salon were lovely and the staff there very nice and skilled so no complaints there.

When checking out we complained about our initial treatment and a manager kindly gave us a free coffee in the cafe - this was a nice gesture but honestly I wouldn't be in any rush back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple