“Great Hotel, Superb Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Jersey
“Great Hotel, Superb Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed in The Galway Bay Hotel a couple of weeks ago when I travelled to Ireland to take part in The Connemara International Ultra Marathon. It was straight forward to get to, and I was pleased to find plenty of easy parking on site. The location of the hotel is stunning and gave me a taste of what makes Ireland special. The hotel is spacious and clean, I had a lovely room that was very comfortable and had plenty of tea and coffee.The reception team arranged a taxi for me and early breakfast for the next day . There was a wedding on at the hotel, which I would not have known about except for a notice telling the wedding party where to go. My breakfast was great and the taxi was on time,I felt very relaxed when I left and I will return again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Leanne,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this wonderful feedback. All on the team are delighted that you enjoyed your time here and we all look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future. Hope you enjoyed and had a Personal Best in the Ultra marathon.

Warmest regards,
Dan Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Got married here in March 2012, had a fab day. Very family friendly, staff all helpful and cheerful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
DublinIreland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days over the easter. The hotel was full and very busy. The welcome when we arrived to the hotel was lovely, our son checked in for us (he is six) and Jiri at reception went along with the whole thing and our son had great fun with this. The room was nice and whilst it overlooked the car park, I wasn't going to be spending too much time there anyway!! The hotel was providing a easter camp for the kids and our son availed of this and he had a great time. Our package included two nights dinner in the lobster pot and whilst there was some delay in between courses, the staff were very attentive and apologised for delay and did their best to look after us(special thanks to Marcel, Orla and Barbara). Breakfast was buffet style and had a very good selection (in fact best I have had in a hotel in ireland in a long time!).

All in all we had a lovely easter break....

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear ‘FussyTraveller55’,

Thank you for this super review and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel over the Easter period.

All on the team are delighted that you enjoyed your time here with us and have asked me to pass on to you a very sincere thank you. The team members you mention Marcela, Orla and Barbara in the Restaurant and Jiri on Reception are all delighted to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and you have made their day!

Kindest regards,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I was recently co-organising a conference in the Galway Bay Hotel and we choose the venue according to a word of mouth recommendation. It proved to be an excellent choice as both the hotel facilities coupled with the helpfulness of the managers and staff meant that we had a seamless and stress free event. The hotel listened to all our requests and were extremely helpful and attentive with any last minute changes that we needed made to the function room, stage or setup in general. I would definitely hold another event here if we were to return to Galway city.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear ‘TaraTours’,

Thank you most sincerely for this super review and thank you also for choosing to hold your event here in the Galway Bay Hotel. We are a very popular venue for all types of conferences with feedback similar to yours being the norm. We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Warm regards,
dublin -ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

My husband and I went to The Galway Bay for Easter. When we booked in at we were asked what time we were having dinner as the dining room was nearly booked for that night.We went out to eat as it was good Friday.The room was clean, It overlooked the carpark.which was not ideal. The next morning i was awoken by children running up and down the corridor. breakfast was delivered to my room and was on time.That night we went to the lobster pot dining room for dinner, I know they were very busy but thats not my problem.We sat for 20 minutes before a wqiter came near us.we gave our order and I wanted a glass of white wine which waited half an hour for. Dinner was ok the chicken was dry. Easter Sunday we went to a football game and decided to eat that night in the Bistro in the hotel. We went in and were told we would have to sit in a certain place as a kids club was coming in for tea. No way. We went to the pub belonging to the hotel and the only place to sit was with people peering over at us looking at a football match. We stayed as dinner was already included in the price. .....Big mistake ordered soup first atter an eternity it came out STONE COLD I called a waiter over abd sent it back. another lo///ng wait it came back with the same bread I had taken a bite of..Next my steak arrived I turned it over, black as coal called the manager over and he said Jesus Christ thats cremated and took it away. My husbands fish and chips were ok, I ordered them instead.I ate the fish. We asked to see the dessert menu . and ordered coffee to go with the choc cookie we ordered. Coffee arrived when we finished.What really bugged me was the glares i was detting from the wait staff They were busy so what.To be fair I filled out the comment card. and 2 days ago my husband got an e-mail offering us a free week-end the vouchers in the post apparently.

Will I go? maybe I will as the week end cost nearly 500e I will let you know how I got on.

Room Tip: ask for a room in front.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mari_ann_7
Dear ‘mari_ann_7’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. Thank you also for this review.

I do genuinely regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you did not experience the true Galway Bay Hotel experience which we are renowned for. I am very happy that you received my letter sent the day you left the hotel and I would really appreciate the opportunity to chat with you. I can be reached at any time at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com.

Sincere regards,
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I would just like to convey my sincerest thanks to all the staff at the Galway Bay Hotel for the wonderful experience they provided to us and our guests at our wedding this past July. I could not recommend them highly enough; they were first class in everything they did for us. If I was to use one word to describe the Galway Bay it would be Professional, with a capital P! They were fantastic.

I would especially like to thank the manager Dan Murphy, our wedding liaison John Frazier and our duty manager on the day Diarmuid O'Conghaile and his colleague Valerie, who were both so professional and a pleasure to deal with. I would also like to give a special thank you to Willie Madden who was a tremendous help to us on the day after the wedding, and also to Victoria and Serge, who were a great help in the days leading up to the wedding.

We, as is becoming more common, returned home from Australia to get married, which meant that all the pre-planning had to be done through email and through various family members. As difficult as this was for us, I am sure it was not ideal for the Galway Bay personnel either, however the staff were extremely accommodating and made the whole process as stress free as possible. As we were only arriving in to Ireland two weeks before the wedding they allowed us to hold off on a lot of the final decisions until we could actually sit down with them face to face.

It was a large wedding, 300 plus, yet everything went like clockwork, not one hiccup, or if there was we certainly weren't made aware of it. We were absolutely blessed with the weather, and it really brought out what a stunning location the hotel is in. The patio deck, with the sun shining and the sea breeze, it really doesn't get any better than that. Even our guests from Australia were blown away.

As impressive as the staff were on the wedding day, I dare say they were even more impressive on the following day. We had talked with them in the week prior to the wedding about having some sort of food available on the day after the wedding as a number of our family members and friends had planned to stay on in Galway for a second night. They recommended a BBQ which we decided to go with, even though we couldn't give them final numbers until that day.

The numbers fluctuated on the morning after the wedding from 60 to the final figure of 120, yet the staff couldn’t have been more accommodating and it went off without a hitch. They set up the BBQ in the sunshine on the patio deck and served a beautiful meal, with plenty of food for everyone. Admittedly, the fabulous weather played a large part in the success of the BBQ, but we got so many compliments from our family and friends afterwards, it was the perfect way to round off a great weekend.

I really cannot recommend this venue highly enough, and my wife and I cannot wait to go back when we are next home, to once again convey our thanks and reminisce on the greatest weekend of our lives.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We booked into the hotel the day before the wedding last September. From start to finish the hotel staff could not do enough for us. From carrying our bags to the rooms to delivering refreshments on the morning of the wedding as we got ready. The wedding reception went off with a hitch with a dedicated wedding co-ordinater on hand all day to keep us organised with photos, speeches etc. I had meant to put this review up straight after my stay but never got round to it. All in all we couldn't have asked for a better stay at any hotel. Highly recommend it!!

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear ‘emma-ry-ah’,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I have passed on your comments to all on the team and all have requested that I pass on to you a very sincere thank you.

We have an excellent reputation for hosting wedding receptions receiving feedback similar to yours on a consistent basis; this feedback is based on the positive personality of all on the team and indeed the excellent quality of the food product.

Thank you again and hopefully we will get to welcome you back to the Galway Bay Hotel in the future.

Kind regards,