“Lovely place to stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We had two nights here recently and were allocated a lovely room overlooking the water. It was spotlessly clean, well equipped and with beautifully comfortable beds. The hotel is in a good location and only a short walk from the coach station, railway station and town centre, yet in a quiet position.
Unfortunately there was a conference going on at the same time, so we had to queue a little while on the first morning. However, it was well worth it because the breakfast buffet was quite impressive, with something for all tastes. They even had a dish of sliced lemon which I have in my tea - the only hotel on our trip which did so! The following morning we went down for breakfast a bit later and walked straight it.
We found all the staff very helpful and friendly.
We loved Galway City itself and would be very happy to return at some time in the future. There are lots of nice eating places, things to see, and lovely walks. We would stay at the Radisson Blu again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Galwayradissonblu, Sales & Marketing Executive at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your wonderful comments and feedback on your recent stay with us. I am thrilled that you were able to experience all that Galway has to offer.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway and we cannot wait to welcome you back in the very near future.

Jennifer Duggan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,642)

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed for a night recently. The Rooms are fantastically laid out, with massive, super-king-size beds. A choice of pillows is also available. The building is superbly designed with a huge visual area runnig through the centre, however, they have only installed 2 lifts for a very busy hotel, which means that waiting times to get into a lift when checking out can be a huge annoyance.

Breakfast is very good, and although buffet style, it is constantly monitored and refreshed, so you never have a dry or overcooked breakfast item.

I appreciate what previous reviewers have said about noise in the hotel late at night, but as Galway is an extremely popular destination for stag & Hen parties, every hotel in the city will have large groups booked in each weekend, generating unwanted noise for others (a couple of ear-plugs should help)

Overall, I think that the staff handle the volume of travellers extremely well, and my only issue with the hotel is that they only have 2 lifts to accommodate the numbers staying there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are very happy you were able to stay with us recently and appreciate your lovely comments regarding your stay. You are exactly right regarding stags & hens and large groups as well as the lifts in the hotel. I can assure you both areas are important to us and we manage this to the best we can to ensure guests are not left waiting for long periods or disrupted with noise.

It sounds like you had wonderful time in Galway and look forward to your return in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I have stayed overnight before in suites and they were impressive but this time we stopped off for lunch. It was a menus-buffet type of thing, with a good range of different dishes (from lamb to beef curry) for a reasonable price. The staff were excellent and parking was free when validated (though a stern guy at reception told me to say in line). It is a nice building tho the view is not the best for this part of the world.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mukdennnis

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our lunch offering and I am glad you were able to experience the hotel from a different point of view. I hope that the next time you are in Galway you will think of us again.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Lift kept getting stuck- long queue at breakfast and one over officious slow reception staff - other than that good

Room Tip: looking out on Galway Bay is lovely
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused to you by the hotel lifts, I understand your frustration as this is a constant issue with a hotel of our size. I have also taken on board your comments about our front office team and will be speaking to Management about this.

I do hope that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will visit us again very soon. We would love to welcome you back to Galway.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I have been to the Radisson in Galway Twice now, Once with a group of friends and the second time with my boyfriend.

The location is fantastic. It is only 5 minute walk from the center of town and yet far enough away that you aren't kept awake all night!

The bedrooms are really clean and the bed is huge! The shower was really powerful too.

When I went both times the Bulmers comedy festival was on and this just added to the experience.. Some comedians were staying at the hotel and we got to meet them!

The breakfast was included in the price and was delicious! Just what you want after a night out :)

The best part of my trip was deffo the swimming pool and hot tub! The hot tub is outside and overlooks the lake! It is beautiful..

Overall the hotel was brilliant and I will deffo be back again !

Room Tip: The rooms closer to reception were better. A lot newer looking and felt bigger.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Littlebertha
Galwayradissonblu, Sales & Marketing Executive at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and such lovely comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will be visiting us this summer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Galway very soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Stayed for two nights B&B early May 2012
Room was fine except for the locked door to the adjacent room - both nights at 3am we were woken by the phone call and conversation in the next room. Management really should have warned us about the poor construction of the rooms and a notice should have been posted in the rooms to consider those in adjoining rooms.
Lifts are available for access to the rooms but these lifts were hard to use as there were so many people using them - spent ages standing watching them go up & dowm without stopping and when they did stop - they were full.
On the second night they only left one towel (for two people!) for the shower.
The breakfast was ok - scrambled eggs not so good - no taste and somewhat watery.
Scones were plastic-like.
Tea was left when we were eating cereal so only luke-warm by the time it was required.
Plenty of choice of food but quality not great compared to for example the Radisson in Sligo.
Gym was good.
Parking costs five euro per night - that should not happen!
Hotels that charge for parking should be avoided in my opinion.
I will know better in future.
Location is fine if you know Galway, with its one ways and narrow streets but it was close enough to Eyre Square - you need a map.
Overall - I won't be going back at €320 for the two nights - a B&B somewhere would have been better value.

Room Tip: make sure your room does not have a door to an adjecent room (if possible)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank irishrazor

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with a few aspects of the hotel. I will be sure to forward your comments to our Chef and Food & Beverage team with regards to breakfast. I do apologise that there was noise from an adjoining room, we would have been happy to have moved rooms for you should you have requested this.

As we are a city centre hotel and do not own the car park but have arranged for a discounted rate of €5 per day for our residents. Normal prices for a car would be €2.20 per hour.

I hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting us in future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on your next trip and I promise you will see a marked improvement. Our aim is always 100% Guest Satisfaction and we will not let you down.

jennifer.o’grady@radissonblu.com

Reviewed 8 May 2012

You can't get nicer than a Radisson hotel ... and you can't get nicer than Galway. So putting the two together for a break turned out to be a great idea. The Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway is central yet peaceful, the staff friendly and interested in, and connected with, the guests. We were upgraded when I explained this was for my husbands 40th birthday (I think every member of staff wished him happy birthday over the course of our stay!) Our suite overlooked Lough Atalia, we didn't want to leave it, but the call of Shop Street was too much!! The breakfasts were lovely (and extensive!!) and the bar was warm and inviting. Will definitely recommend and will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful comments and for choosing the Radisson Blu for your celebrations. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and hope you will make your husbands birthday an annual visit! We would be thrilled to welcome you back.

With Thanks,