“Star Rated Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Star Rated Hotel”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The hotel room was brilliant, the breakfast and evening meal were excellent, and the service in all areas was exceptional. I have advertised the hotel by word of mouth ever since I was there.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new annexe are briliant.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed 5 April 2012 via mobile

The Park House Hotel is great! I spent two nights there on my own. The room was large and clean. The free WiFi worked very well in the room. My rate had breakfast included (which is good, because the breakfast otherwise costs €22,50). I enjoyed the breakfast. Everyone who works there was exceptionally nice. On top of that, the location is perfect! Walking to Eyre Square takes no time at all. In addition, if you're a bit tired on your first night there, you can go to An Pucan, which is a pub across the street that has live music.

Oh, and the bed was really comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2012
Edenderry, Ireland
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying in this hotel with a large group of 28 people for one night. The hotel is very bright and comfortable and we found the staff very friendly and efficient. We were made feel very welcome. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with nice touches like slippers and bathrobes and a well stocked minibar. Breakfast was great - a large selection and even though the staff were very busy they were very friendly. The location of the hotel is great as it is just off Eyre Square so is very central - you don't feel hassled though as the hotel has a relaxing atmosphere ! Will definately stay in this hotel again on my next trip!

Room Tip: We all stayed on different floors and no-one had any complaints!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed in the Park House Hotel in early Jan 12 for 4 nights as I was working there for a few days. I got a fantastic corporate rate on their own website. It was recommended to me by a colleague. Great location especially as I was a female staying alone so wanted somewhere that I would feel comfortable walking back to in the evenings. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the room was clean, comfortable and warm. I was a bit worried about parking from reviews that I had read beforehand but there was no problem at all. As soon as I drove in behind hotel somebody came out straight away and offered to park my car for me. It wasn't as small as I had expected, there were quite a few spaces. I didn't need to move my car while I was there but even if I had to don't think there would have been a problem, there seemed to be a few empty space any time I passed through (I was going in and out back door to reach my office during the few days I was there). Free WiFi too so a bonus.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Velten, Germany
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This hotel is not only comfortable and clean, but the staff are extremely nice and helpful. Great breakfast and friendly service. I stayed there for three nights in March of this year and I intend to stay there again. Great location, right next to the bus station. Keep up the good work. I've already sung your praises to a few of our potential German tourists who want to visit Galway this summer.

Audrey Hargaden
Velten, Germany

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank A H
Dublin Ireland
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I chose this hotel for its location and the reputation of the restaurant. The fact that they also had a good 2 nights BB & 1 dinner offer was the icing on the cake. We were not disappointed. I seldom give top marks, but I cant fault this hotel. We had one hicup with regard to the mattress which wasn't particularly comfortable, which I mentioned casually to the the housekeeper when she was checking the bedrooms later in the day and low and behold a new mattress was delivered to the room 2 hours later.
The service everywhere was excellent, friendly and efficient. Fresh cups provided with a second pot of tea or coffee at breakfast, together with fresh hot toast, even though not requested. The hotel is nicely decorated and appeared to be recently refurbished, though not particularly modern in style. I would strongly recommend this hotel, perhaps not for the young and trendy, but if you want excellent service, excellent food, clean fresh comfortable surroundings in an excellent location then this is the hotel for you. We will be going back. I can see why this hotel has won so many awards including being in top 500 in the world on Trip Advisor. I wish the Park House Hotel success going forward, clearly a well managed hotel.

Room Tip: If you wish to sleep during the day, then perhaps ask for a room that doesn't face onto the rail...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SBF.Dublin
Outer Banks, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Park House Hotel in Galway for two nights during the last week of March, 2012, and am pleased to report a very pleasant stay. The hotel is located just off Eyre Square and very near a lively pedestrian-only area replete with restaurants and pubs. The hotel is very traditional with patterned carpet and large arm chairs near a fireplace. I found my room to be clean and spacious and with air conditioning, which became very important as the heat was reaching record highs for this time of year. The room was large enough to accommodate the bed, a sofa and table, desk, wardrobe, wooden luggage stand, and night stand. The bathroom was also large and bright. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast only, but were very pleased with the rate-inclusive variety of hot breakfast choices (cooked to order) as well as a buffet of juices, fruit, yogurt and pastries. It was a convenient way to start the day. It is further worth noting that although the hotel is near a popular neighborhood with pubs and restaurants with outdoor seating, the rooms are very quiet. The wifi is a little slow, but complimentary.

The best feature of the hotel was the staff. Every staff member that I encountered was warm and friendly professional. In particular, a front desk clerk named Patrick was very helpful in assisting our family in determining how best to see the area. He also provided information concerning where to eat, where to go for a run, etc. Every person from the helpful and chatty porter to the breakfast room staff and the housekeeping staff were quick to smile and provide helpful information when needed.

This is the only place to stay when you are in Galway.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family