All reviews scones frank joan b bs potato waffles wonderful hosts minute walk lovely home breakfast was amazing off street parking every morning within walking distance spent two nights the location is perfect wonderful stay comfortable beds fresh fruit home away from home
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have stayed in B&B's in Ireland for many years, and Petra House is one of the best. It's location is very convenient to the center of town - easily walkable - and as you can read in other reviews, the hosts and accommodations are wonderful. I honestly don't have any constructive criticism to offer, it was that good of a stay.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet - we didn't hear any of the other guests. I don't think you can go wrong with any room.
Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maxpaste
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is our 4th year staying with Frank & Joan, once again they have made our stay faultless. As usual the breakfasts were tremendous (especially Joan's home-made scones and bread!), the rooms and the communal areas were immaculate and beautifully decorated, and the hosts made us feel completely at home. We are already looking forward to a 5th year back at the Wonderful Petra House, where nothing is too much trouble.
Once again thank you Frank & Joan for making our stay such a delight.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed for two nights at Petra House in Galway. Frank was very attentive and helpful. The food was wonderful - great salmon. The room was very spacious, and the dining and sitting rooms are very tastefully decorated and immaculate. I highly recommend the Petra House.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CSerra628
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I made our first trip to Ireland this summer and Frank & Joan made our stay wonderful! We loved the room, amazing breakfast, and Frank was not only a pleasure to visit with but he also gave us some great ideas for our day trips and where to eat in town. We used the Petra House as our home base and it was a perfect location. Joan, your food was awesome! We would love to stay again in the future. THANK YOU THANK YOU!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie S
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Frank and Joan greeted us warmly and served the most delicious breakfasts. I tried the brown bread everywhere we went in Ireland,and Joan's was the best, hands down. She has a recipe card for that and her scones, which I was sure to take away.
The room was ample and spotless, absolutely spotless. I found Irish showers could be challenging, but the one in Petra House had a nice shower door and easy to figure out fixtures.
When it came time to depart, they gave us a lovely send off, even waving on their front steps. Overall, they made us feel like we were staying with friends rather than in a B&B. I would recommend the Petra House to anyone who has Galway in their itinerary. Thanks, Joan and Frank!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends