“Super nice hosts!”

Ranked #57 of 186 Galway B&B and Inns
Estes Park, Colorado
“Super nice hosts!”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

There are a lot of rooms in this B & B which make it feel more like a hotel than a B & B. The rooms are small, but clean. The B & B is fairly convenient for driving out to Connemara and into the town center of Galway. The hosts are great, one even went out and bought me another box of cereal when I ran out of the one brought from home. My husband enjoyed their delicious breakfasts and I appreciated that they had soy milk on hand for my special diet.

• Stayed October 2011
tonyGalway, Owner at Amber Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
Hello and thank you very much for this review you have written for Amber Hill. It was a pleasure to have met you and we were happy to read you enjoyed your stay.
It was no problem to take care of your special dietary requirements and Its great to hear your husband enjoyed the full Irish.

Once again thank you so much for this kind review, We wish you every happiness and hope to see you again some day.

All the best from the staff and management at Amber Hill.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 October 2011

great hotel! My brother and I took a trip from the states and stayed there on the 17th and 18th and we enjoyed staying there for 39 euro for a room. I was not planing on having breakfast there but after waking up early one morning i decided i would and the breakfast was ok, nothing exceptional but it was good and the free toast, coffee machine and lobby was a big plus. the owner/manager was very nice and waiting at the door for us as we arrived. Overall the place was very comfortable place to spend time and sleep. didnt see or use the pool so i cant comment on that. the t.v. in our room did not work but i didnt care to much because there was a nicer one in the comfortable lobby.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Hi Jackson,
thank you for taking the time to write this review for Amber Hill. We were delighted to read you had a nice time here and hope to meet you both next tie you are in Galway.

Best of luck from all here at Amber hill.
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I was given a single room which was real tiny but very nice and clean. The place is welcoming and I felt real comfortable during my whole stay. This BB is professionally run, the bulding has a great design and the breakfast is above average,

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Hi Isola,
thank you very much for this kind review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here and its great to read that you liked the breakfast.
We hope we will meet you again next time if you choose to visit Galway in the future.

Best of luck from all the staff here at Amber Hill.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 15 October 2011

This bed and breakfast was welcoming, clean, relaxing, and an amazing find in such a busy city! My husband and I stayed here with two other friends, and none of us could have asked for a better place to stay. The breakfast choices were great: traditional Irish or basic continental, and the prices were perfect.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for this wonderful review of AmberHill, We were delighted to hear you had a good time here.
Its good to hear that breakfast went down well and we hope to meet you all again some day if you choose to visit Galway in the future.

Once again thank you and we wish you all every happiness.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This is a very nicely decorated modern B&B that is incredibly affordable for what you receive in quality. I felt like I was lounging in my living room, watching TV and sipping tea. The living area has a computer you can use and a large screen TV with cable. There is a great selection of DVDs you can take to your room to watch. The rooms are beautiful with nice beds and a clean bathroom. The room we were in on the first floor was a little on the small side but it was just fine. We loved the TV/DVD combo in our room. Our only complaint was there was no hair dryer in the room and the coffee maker was broken in the common area and not available for use. Breakfast is free next door or you can buy a full Irish breakfast for 6 Euros per person. A great deal. Free parking and easy access to everything in Galway. What an incredible deal for four persons/a room!! It was quiet and we didn't hear a peep from anyone else staying on property.

Room Tip: Would make a great place for relaxing after dinner in the common area with friends who want to watch...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Modesto, California
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I stayed at Amber Hill for 5 night over Easter. I couldn’t have asked for a nicer friendlier place to stay for my first trip out of the US. Everyone at Amber Hill went above and beyond what I would have expected base on my friends experiences at other B&B’s. When I arrived Jennifer a member of the staff was extremely helpful in helping me select several tour that I wanted to take throughout the week. I was also pleasantly surprised with sweet Easter treat left by my door on Easter Sunday. I plan to stay at Amber Hill again when I take my next vacation to Ireland.

Thank you Patrick, Anthony, and Jennifer for a wonderful stay and stress free week.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Dalton-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We chose this hotel for a short break between arriving in Dublin and moving on to a holiday cottage in County Clare. Excellent staff, clean and tidy and nothing too much trouble. As a coeliac I could chose just what I could eat of the menu and they toasted my own bread for me.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple