Lake Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
Randles Hotel(Killarney)
2,418 results
All reviewsfour postercastle ruinscastlelough restauranthuggard familymaster deluxe roomred deerjacuzzi bathnew wingnational parkposter bedring of kerrylough leaneold worldmain restaurantrelaxing breakmuckross housetorc waterfall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stayed here at Easter 2011 during what you may recall was a particularly warm spell. Our room had a balcony with patio, and the view of the lake and surrounding hillsides were every bit as romantic as the paintings in the hotel depicting it. It enjoys an unbeatable location and setting, with the private road adding to the sense of exclusivity and privacy. Service and food was of a good standard, and I particularly enjoyed seeing the letters, old room key fobs and other paraphernalia relating to the early years of the hotel which are displayed in the lobby and other public areas, such as the beautifully appointed, wood-panelled lounge. Highly recommended. Will return.

Room Tip: Ask (and pay more for) a lake view
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boyattheback
Reviewed 30 April 2012

While I generally do not stay in places that have spa's, I changed my mind on viewing the photos of the grounds online. I was glad I did, and I was really happy that I stayed 2 nights because this place is beautiful. I woke up each morning to a fog covered lake with mountains in the background. We saw several deer during our stay, and it was enchanting to step out onto my balcony and see a castle. The food was good, but not the best of our whole trip. I highly recommend seeing the Muckross grounds and taking a jaunting car ride to Torc Waterfall. We also toured the working farm part of the grounds. This hotel is near many interesting attractions and has so much to offer. It was expensive, but well worth the money for the view alone.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a view of the lake, it is well worth the money, I promise. The view from our balcony was breath taking.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AuthorAmberNewberry
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for a Valentines break this year and I can honestly say we both thought it was absolute bliss!!!
The room was grand, in the older part of the hotel but still very nice and overlooked the lake so the views were amazing!!

Guests should definetly try the out door canadian hot tub, so lovely and your view is of the lakes of Killarney so the best view ever!!!

The atmosphere in the hotel is so lovely and staff in the hotel are so professional and service is exeptional.

We had an evening meal included and the menu is really lovely, my boyfriend was very adventurous and tried the Quail egg starter which he enjoyed immensly. The breakfast is lovely too, I normally do not like buffet breakfasts but the food was lovely and hot which is something that impresses me, hate when buffet food is luke warm!!

We actually did not want to leave the hotel in the end as we had such a lovely time and are planning to go back for our 3 year anniversary and stay in one of their delux rooms as a treat!

Again, in 2 words, total bliss!!!

Room Tip: You can select from a range of room types, get a lakeview as the views of lake is amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank busiesaily
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Had a beautiful lunch in this hotel window seat overlooking the lake. Pure heaven.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This was the highlight of our Ireland trip and our honeymoon. Killarney is such a picturesque, magical place... We traveled the whole country and spent a night in each different town. Lake Hotel was the only place we stayed two nights and it was definitely worth it. Everything about this place is so romantic. Loved relaxing in the the jacuzzi tub in the evenings watching the misty lake views from the big windows and in the mornings waking up to red deer sightings right in front of our balcony. I loved this hotel even more than the castle we stayed in later in our trip. I hope we can go back someday.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple