Killarney Royal
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
The Ross(Killarney)
1,026 results
All reviewsgolf putterbucket of icenight portercharming hotelsister hotelsmall hotelopen firetop classrooms are largecentral locationold styletwo nightswould highly recommend this hotelcentre of towna wonderful stayboth morningsbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We, as a family group ,Seven sisters and one sister in law stay in Killarney every year for a weekend. We all enjoyed our stay here. The people were very friendly and I know you have to park in a car par near by it didnt matter. It was close to everything. We are going back to the same hotel again this year,looking forward to it. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Margaretdempsey,

Firstly, Thank you for your comments about Killarney Royal Hotel. It is such a pleasure to know you and your Family enjoyed your get-together and are planning a return visit again.
I look forward to welcoming you all in the future and appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We spent one night here durnign our tour of the Ring of Kerry. Catherine at the desk was very helpful as we arrived late. She made sure the pub would stay open long enough to get our dinner. She was also there in the morning to help us arrange a taxi. the reception area is lovely to sit with a cup of tea and a book.We also enjoyed the pub. the room was lovely. reminded me of staying with my great aunt. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: it is just by the train station.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear youngboo,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. It is always a pleasure to read such a wonderful review and I will certainly pass on you kind words of praise to Catherine who I am sure will be thrilled to hear you had a most memorable stay.
Our Staff strive to ensure our Guests leave Killarney Royal with wonderful memories.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Ok so you have to walk to the car park and room 309 is still vibrating (next to the laundry room and only on occasion during the day). But weirdly this only adds to the charm of this hotel, we just had an amazing break here. This hotel reminds me of the Casablanca in New York (No 1 on tripadvisor for New York city). There's no swimming pool, no spa so don't go here if thats what you're looking for but if you want something very special do. From the warmth of the reception to the friendlyness of the staff to being given ice and water in the evening without being asked to the amazing comfortable beds and the fab breakfasts. The breakfast if def a highlight, pancakes with bacon and lovely fresh fruit. I hope this hotel makes No 1 they truly deserve it!

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Wannabcrtic,
Thank you very much for posting your review, I take all comments on board and am especially delighted to hear how you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay.
Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of your returning to the Killarney Royal Hotel.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I took my mam and my godmother to this wonderful hotel as a treat for Mother's Day. We booked one B&B and one dinner. From the moment we went inside the door it was heaven. The staff could not be more friendly or helpful. It was an extremely busy day being St. Patrick's Day when we checked in but still the staff could not be more friendly or helpful. I had booked dinner earlier in the week with Catherine as some more friends from Killarney were joining us. Eight of us had dinner at 6.30 and both the service and the food were sensational. The crab cakes are to die for and 7 of us had the lamb and it was the best we ever ate. I recommend the Lemon pudding for desert. Yum. We all relaxed in front of the open fire in the lounge after the meal. Our rooms were very spacious and very comfy beds. Breakfast was also great with a great variety and served to you by the lovely staff. You are treated like a Royal at the Royal. Will be back for some more Royal treatment very soon. Thanks again to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Killarneyroyal, Owner at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Traveler24756
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. St Patrick's Day is a busy day in Killarney and at the hotel but we like to think that it adds to the atmosphere!
Our team were delighted to hear your kind words, they strive to ensure that every guest feels welcome and leave with a warm memories of there stay. The chef were particularly pleased with your review!
Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best Regards,
Brian Scally.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I had the pleasure of a 3-night stay at the Killarney Royal last week. The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful. The room was a pleasant surprise - lots of space, good sized bathroom, water and ice, tea & coffee. Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of cold and hot food. The scrambled egg and smoked salmon was perfect!
Well done guys - I'll be back and i hope you have a great season.

Room Tip: Phone staff in advance - decide on space or room with a view etc. They are very helpful.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Steve H,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you felt "part of the family". Our team do aim to give our guests a home away from home atmosphere and no request is too big or too small as we feel that our guest are like our extended family. Everyone was overjoyed to hear your kind words, especially the breakfast chef! We look forward to welcoming you home to The Killarney Royal soon!

Best Regards