“Best Value of ALL” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
limerick
“Best Value of ALL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My sister, neighbour and myself wandered in here on Saturday evening just for a tasty snack as we weren't that hungry. The three of us got the tastiest of homemade foods in two courses for €40.00 altogether. I relished their crabmeat and avocado salad served so generously on freshly home baked wholemeal bread; my sister who is on a fat-free diet following the removal of gallbladder enjoyed a chicken salad with plenty of grated raw veg adorning it and dressing served in a bowl on the side; neighbour had a toasted special excluding cheese - again generously served with house salad and delicious, chunky, dry chips. We licked our fingers after gulping down Real sherry trifle(and it did contain real Sherry) The happy, efficient waiter went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure our order was just right and was recommending how each dish could be enhanced. He added a pot of tea to round the meal off. May I complement the Manager and the culinary skills of his chefs and tell them they deserve huge success in their business. They really make you feel that you are a valued customer. I can't wait to return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear spencerLimerick,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review about the Killarney Royal Hotel. I especially appreciate all aspects of your comments regarding our Menu and its great value - which is most important to our Customers
I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Bryan Scally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We, as a family group ,Seven sisters and one sister in law stay in Killarney every year for a weekend. We all enjoyed our stay here. The people were very friendly and I know you have to park in a car par near by it didnt matter. It was close to everything. We are going back to the same hotel again this year,looking forward to it. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Margaretdempsey,

Firstly, Thank you for your comments about Killarney Royal Hotel. It is such a pleasure to know you and your Family enjoyed your get-together and are planning a return visit again.
I look forward to welcoming you all in the future and appreciate your comments.

San Diego, Cal.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We spent one night here durnign our tour of the Ring of Kerry. Catherine at the desk was very helpful as we arrived late. She made sure the pub would stay open long enough to get our dinner. She was also there in the morning to help us arrange a taxi. the reception area is lovely to sit with a cup of tea and a book.We also enjoyed the pub. the room was lovely. reminded me of staying with my great aunt. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: it is just by the train station.
Dear youngboo,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. It is always a pleasure to read such a wonderful review and I will certainly pass on you kind words of praise to Catherine who I am sure will be thrilled to hear you had a most memorable stay.
Our Staff strive to ensure our Guests leave Killarney Royal with wonderful memories.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Ok so you have to walk to the car park and room 309 is still vibrating (next to the laundry room and only on occasion during the day). But weirdly this only adds to the charm of this hotel, we just had an amazing break here. This hotel reminds me of the Casablanca in New York (No 1 on tripadvisor for New York city). There's no swimming pool, no spa so don't go here if thats what you're looking for but if you want something very special do. From the warmth of the reception to the friendlyness of the staff to being given ice and water in the evening without being asked to the amazing comfortable beds and the fab breakfasts. The breakfast if def a highlight, pancakes with bacon and lovely fresh fruit. I hope this hotel makes No 1 they truly deserve it!

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Wannabcrtic,
Thank you very much for posting your review, I take all comments on board and am especially delighted to hear how you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay.
Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of your returning to the Killarney Royal Hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I took my mam and my godmother to this wonderful hotel as a treat for Mother's Day. We booked one B&B and one dinner. From the moment we went inside the door it was heaven. The staff could not be more friendly or helpful. It was an extremely busy day being St. Patrick's Day when we checked in but still the staff could not be more friendly or helpful. I had booked dinner earlier in the week with Catherine as some more friends from Killarney were joining us. Eight of us had dinner at 6.30 and both the service and the food were sensational. The crab cakes are to die for and 7 of us had the lamb and it was the best we ever ate. I recommend the Lemon pudding for desert. Yum. We all relaxed in front of the open fire in the lounge after the meal. Our rooms were very spacious and very comfy beds. Breakfast was also great with a great variety and served to you by the lovely staff. You are treated like a Royal at the Royal. Will be back for some more Royal treatment very soon. Thanks again to everyone.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Killarneyroyal, Owner at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Traveler24756
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. St Patrick's Day is a busy day in Killarney and at the hotel but we like to think that it adds to the atmosphere!
Our team were delighted to hear your kind words, they strive to ensure that every guest feels welcome and leave with a warm memories of there stay. The chef were particularly pleased with your review!
Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best Regards,
Brian Scally.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I had the pleasure of a 3-night stay at the Killarney Royal last week. The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful. The room was a pleasant surprise - lots of space, good sized bathroom, water and ice, tea & coffee. Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of cold and hot food. The scrambled egg and smoked salmon was perfect!
Well done guys - I'll be back and i hope you have a great season.

Room Tip: Phone staff in advance - decide on space or room with a view etc. They are very helpful.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Steve H,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you felt "part of the family". Our team do aim to give our guests a home away from home atmosphere and no request is too big or too small as we feel that our guest are like our extended family. Everyone was overjoyed to hear your kind words, especially the breakfast chef! We look forward to welcoming you home to The Killarney Royal soon!

Best Regards
Brian Scally
Navan County Meath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

We took a 2 night break in this hotel and it was super. From the minute we stepped inside the door the staff saw to our every need. They offered to park our car and also paid for same. Took our luggage to our room and also took ice to our room without being asked for drinks each night. The evening meals were lovely and my wife deviated from the menu which was no problem to the staff. Breakfast was lovely, but I cannot pass without complementing all the staff who were so friendly and helpful especially Brian, Billy and the tall young lady (did not get her name) who served breakfast. Really great! From a County Meath mature couple.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Catherine 046
Thank you very much for your great comments, it is such a pleasure to read how you thoroughly enjoyed you stay with us. Also, I will pass on your kind words of praise to all all my Staff.
Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of meeting you again, should you decide to return to the Killarney Royal Hotel.