“This is the worst and dirtiest place I have ever stayed.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harmony Inn - Glena House

Harmony Inn - Glena House
Ranked #76 of 145 Killarney B&B and Inns
Newry, United Kingdom
“This is the worst and dirtiest place I have ever stayed.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

I was booked in for one night only thank God, and would have left only it was after midnight when the taxi dropped me off there. The stairs and hallway leading to the bedroom were filthy and smelled of stale cooking oil. The room was worse with stained dirty carpet that I wouldn't walk on without shoes. The bed had old stained and faded linen on it and the springs of the mattress were coming through. I was covered in flea bites the next morning and couldn't wait to shower, only to have the dribble of water from the shower stop completely once I had shampooed my hair. I eventually made it down to breakfast where I was wary of eating anything on offer. There was stale cereal or canned fruit salad as a choice. I opted for the full Irish which was OK and came with tea and toast. There was no one at reception to complain to when I was leaving and as I had pre-paid I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. I WON'T BE BACK FOR SECONDS.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank lynchpdeck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

Glena House is located very close to the centre of Killarney town (10 mins by foot) and to the national park.
I got a good deal for the B&B booking online.

The rooms are spacious and the TV has 6 Channels, the Irish TV Stations and BBC.

There was coffee making facilities in the room. The Bathroom was spacious. The rooms are quite dated and very basic. The room I stayed in was on the ground floor.

The staff were very friendly and gave a good service. The breakfast was OK. The portions where a good size the the service was good.

Breakfast on a Sunday morning was from 8am to 10am and the checkout was at 11am.

The parking was out the front. The B&B was well signposted on the Muckross Road. Easily accessible.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2010

Stayed here several times now the place is 5 mins walk from town center the rooms are clean and more than adequate with a breakfast that sets you up for any day. The staff and owners are so friendly with nothing too much trouble. The tarrif is very reasonable for for what you get and where you are. I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and paid serious money to do so none make you feel better than a stay here does.

• Stayed November 2010
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

Stayed here as it had WIFI in the rooms.
Room was basic.
But bed spotlessly clean
Bathroom basic a small bar of soap provided.. so best bring your own shower gel
Breakfast in the morning was very nice. My pot of tea was TOP NOTCH

It is very convient for center of Killarney

It is more a guest house with 30something rooms than a small B & B

But its flexible and you can call in a takeaway with no hassle

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Vantaa, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

Harmony Inn - Glena House was easy to find and has ample parking space in front. The reception was friendly and very hotel-like, and hassle-free.
The room was huge (room 100) with sleeping places for 4 people. The room and the bathroom were clean, although the shower drain was a bit clogged and shower curtain rail was not fixed properly.
Breakfast was hearty and there was many choices. A very polite matured lady staff attended to us with warm hospitality.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

We stayed in Glena House for four nights, and we had a lovely time. We were greeted with lovely courtesy by the lady on reception, made feel very welcome, we were very happy with our room. The view out of our window, which was a side window, wasn't great, but as we were there to view Killarney, and not look out of this window, it didn't bother us. We had a lovely cooked breakfast every morning, served up by the most helpful and pleasant staff, who couldn't do enough for us. We were very lucky, we had great weather for our time there. The Glena House is ideally suited for walking into the town, it's not too far, and I have had a hip replacement, and had no trouble with the walk to town, and overall, it was ideal for us as a base while we were in Killarney. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

I was very disappointed by this hotel. It was very dismal experience. I couldn't sleep because of the thin ness of the walls and a man was snoring next door. The room was very basic. There were a couple of lights not working. The service was poor and indifferent on my arrival. It felt as if they weren't really interested in what kind of an experience a traveller might have in their hotel - they were only interested in packing people in for their own profit. They have 3 guesthouses and the place was indeed packed as it was Killarney in high season

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank freesia_10

Travellers are raving about these Killarney hotels