“Modern comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Cork
“Modern comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Very nice hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was big and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was immaculate and the fittings were excellent - corner bath, separate shower, very good lighting.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed here last week have stayed here before and will stay again but I thought the room I stayed in needed a freash coat of paint as did the pool area thought it looked a bit grotty. Staff still as good and helpfull as ever and bar food good but it does need a paint over.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Just arrived back from a midweek trip to the brehon hotel in Killarney! Had a wonderful stay! The staff really are second to none! We got engaged on our trip and the staff made it so special for us, they gave us a beautiful bottle of cava to celebrate and a lovely card was left in the room when we arrived back, so very thoughtful and touching! The food was as it was on our previous trip, delicious! Ate in the bar, not the danu restaurant, but hear good reports of the latter! The spa area is beautiful and immaculately clean, didn't partake of treatments this time, did previously and the therapists there are fantastic! Finally the room, we stayed on the fourth floor, view was beautiful, room stunning! Will Definately be back!

• Stayed March 2012
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Great rooms for what they cost. Very helpful staff provided plenty of local information. Wife and I hired bikes from the hotel for 10 Euro each for the day and the location( slightly out of town) is great for going for a cycle in the national park. Very enjoyable stay.

1 Thank Steopold_Bloom
Waterford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have recently returned from a trip to The Brehon, and to be honest I would struggle to find fault with it. My biggest issue is its four star rating, I have stayed in other "4 star" hotels in Killarney and they aren't fit to sweep the forecourt of The Brehon.

From the moment we set foot in the hotel to the moment we left we were made feel welcome and that the staff couldn't do enough for us.

After check in we went to our room, which was a bog standard room, but let me get one thing clear. There are NO bog standard rooms in the Brehon, it was gorgeous, spacious and overlooked the front of the hotel with a view of the mountains. FANTASTIC. Unfortunately there was some noise from the lifts (which were located right beside the room) but we requested a change and again they couldn't have been nicer about it. They put us into one of their suites. Again another gorgeous room.

The bar had the right mix of buzz and peace and quite the staff were brilliant and efficeint. The bar food was tasty and well prepared, served promptly and still piping hot.

The breakfasts were to die for, the selection was massive and the cooked breakfast was made with very high quality ingredients cooked perfectly. I was glad of the fifteen minute stroll into town after breakfast to try walk off some of the breakfast.

We had a meal in the Danu restaurant on our last night and I have to say it was one of the finest meals I have eaten in an age. There are probably one or two restaurants that I would rate higher. Again the staff were fantastic and the food exceptional. I'll be honest and I made an absolute pig of myself. I would highly recommend the quail starter and their really clever take on a Lemon Cheesecake for dessert.

While we were there we were granted free access to there thermal suites which we were only too happy to take advantage of and so should anyone wanted to relax. (I was disappointed that I didn't have the time to take full advantage of their Spa and get a treatment, but I'll definitely get one on my next trip back)

By now I am sure your sick of reading about how great the Brehon is but these are the facts it is a great hotel and I'll happily return to Killarney just to go to this hotel again. I will say I found the temperature in the hotel to be a little warm but to be fair it was unseasonally warm during our trip which I won't complain about.

All in all I am looking forward to my return there ( I just need an excuse now)

Tralee, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Myself and friend recently stayed in The Brehon for a one night spa break and it was fabulous from start to finish. The room was spacious and nicely decorated and we had a lovely view over Killarney National Park and the mountains. For a real get away from it all, I can really recommend the Brehon. We relaxed in our room before heading down to the spa for our treatments and it was fabulous. We tried out everything on offer in the thermal suite facilities, even the bucket of icy water and ice!! The treatments were wonderful and the staff excellent. After the treatments, we really chilled out in the relaxation room and you really felt you were away from the stresses of daily life. Our package included dinner in the restaurant and again, have no complaints about the whole experience. Food was excellent as were the staff. I was sorry to leave the next day (after a lovely breakfast!!!) and will definitely be going back as soon as I can.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I stayed in The Brehon for a weekend recently. From the moment we got out of the car until we got back into it, we could only say that we had a 5 star experience. The staff were excellent, the food was excellent, the room was excellent, the Vitality Suite was excellent. What more can I say, but we will be back.