“Another good meal”

O Donoghue's Public House
Ranked #56 of 203 Restaurants in Killarney
Reviewed October 3, 2018

Late lunch early dinner, makes no difference it was good. During my visit I was set on sampling the popular dishes. Seafood chowder was great, stew, fish and chips all good.

Paul O, General Manager at O Donoghue's Public House, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Dear Nace3,
I am delighted that you stopped in to visit us here on college street and that you had the wisdom of sampling some of our great food choices. I am thrilled that you enjoyed yourself and I think that you will have to visit us again and wqe all look forward to welcoming you back again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Were seated immediately. Very attentive staff. Table near where band Tintean was playing. Great lively music. Now a fan of “Galway Girl” song. Band played for 2 hours straight. Pubs close early as compared to US but are fun places to enjoy music.

Paul O, General Manager at O Donoghue's Public House, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for stopping to say hello and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us here in O'ds pub. I am thrilled that the team here in the pub looked after you so well and that you had great fun with Tintean, They are playing with us a long time and are always a great night .
Enjoy the rest of your holiday and best regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2018

We were staying at the Towers hotel in Killarney and O'Donoghues is right next door. I was by myself and was seated right away shortly after 6 pm. The place filled up quite quickly with locals and tourists alike. I enjoyed the three course platter with a few chicken wings, fish and chips and a creme brûlée. With a beer it came in under 20 euro and was a delicious meal. Some travel mates enjoyed a stir fry dish as well. Good service, good food and well priced. What's not to like about that ?

Paul O, General Manager at O Donoghue's Public House, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2018

Dear Malone2,
Thank you for your review and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your dinning experience with us here in O'Ds and that all your friends enjoyed them selves. I will make sure all my colleagues know of your complimentary words and thank you again for your custom.
Best regards,

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Received my order of a steak sandwich which turned out to be a piece of meat on a slice of bread. Very disappointed, I went to the bar and asked for another slice of bread so I could attempt to make a sandwich out of what I had gotten. When ten minutes had passed and I still had not gotten the bread, I attempted to cut off a piece of my now cold food with the butter knife I had been given as cutlery. I initially thought it would be difficult to cut the steak with this, but it turned out to be the rock hard bread which I was unable to break through. When I spoke to the bar manager about my dissatisfaction, her response was very defensive. My second request for another piece of bread to salvage my meal seemed, to her, equivilant to a request for all the money in the till. Very disappointed

1  Thank Shauna B
Paul O, General Manager at O Donoghue's Public House, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear Shauna,
Thank you for your review as I really do value all our guests comments which will always make our product better in the future and our objectives each day is to make sure all our guests are happy with our service and our dishes. We have introduced a steak sandwich early last year where we place our steak on a toasted batch bread instead of the ciabatta/french roll type bread along with mushrooms, onions and our hand made fresh chips and it has been well received by our guests but your view is as important as all the guests that have enjoyed it . Certainly I am very disappointed with the response and the service that you received during your time with us as we will all have different options on the perfect sandwich . I am confident that it was an isolated incident and would always advise you to return to us again in the future and I would be delighted to chat to you further if you have the opportunity to do so.
Thank you again and rest assured that I will discuss this with my colleagues and hope to see you again in the future,
Regards,

Reviewed September 15, 2018

O'Donoghue's was recommended to us as a place for good food and music - how right they were! Set in the heart of town it is a lively pub with plenty of atmosphere - as we were eating quite late we didn't want a big meal but thoroughly enjoyed the choices we made. Very well priced wine and the Irish coffees are excellent. Great to have live music playing whilst we ate - even nicer to remember the words to the songs and sing along!
Great evening had by all and would recommend to anyone .

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful and complimentary review and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us here in O'd's . It is always a pleasure to read about the lovely and memorable time our guests have when visiting us and we all look forward to seeing you in O'ds in the future.
Kind regards,