“poor standards”
Review of Manor West Hotel

Manor West Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Very unhappy with my stay at this hotel. Receptionist kept giving me keys for my room that did not work. Eventually she admiited they were having trouble with this room all day so they decided to give me a master key.They also refused to give me another room even after waiting about 30 minutes to get in. The room was right next to the cleaners closet so you can imagine the noise from pieces of cleaning equipment being moved from early in the morning.The kettle and the safe were not working in this room.I stayed in the hotel many times before and I must say standards have dropped. I emailed the GM outlining my opinion of the hotel and 9 days later still no reply.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Liam501
There are newer reviews for Manor West Hotel

Reviewed 18 May 2012

A warm welcome and no hassle in checking in after a long journey, very helpful staff especially in providing dvd player and movie selections for the children to enjoy, good value for meals and very helpful in meeting our requests for our 5 month old, would stay there again no questions asked.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2012

What a fab hotel, reception staff were extra friendly and soo helpful! We got an upgrade to business class and room was brill! Very clean, and modern.
Breakfast was just fab great choice and freshly cooked full Irish breakfast! I got pancakes, and trout which were fab and fresh!
Good big car park and central to shops
We will be back

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade business rooms fab
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ciara T
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The location is off-putting - a soulless retail park on the outskirts of Tralee; the view from the hotel is often poor - some rotting caravans and the bins from my room - but the deal I got was good and the quality of the facilities, the cleanliness of the hotel and the charm and friendliness of the staff were world class. I stayed for one night to break a business trip and the hotel was perfect. A flawless and friendly check-in, an immaculate clean and comfortable room, a comfortable bed and a good bathroom. The hotel interior could be any Irish hotel built anytime since 2000, but unlike so many modern Irish hotels there seems to be an effort made to keep the establishment looking good. The leisure centre was well-run, with modern equipment and facilities and getting good use when I was there. I passed in and out of the hotel lobby on a good few occasions and always saw efficient professional staff looking after their guests. The hotel filled up in the early evening with coach parties, but even so I heard little or no noise in my room. I didn't eat in the hotel; in the retail park there are coffee shops and a large supermarket and I got what I needed there. The service at breakfast the following morning was exemplary and I saw staff and management continually looking after and restocking the breakfast buffet. The staff smiled and listened to guest requests, never moved across the dining room without doing something en-route such as fixing table settings or dealing with guests. I was impressed with the place and will definitely stay there again. While I was using the hotel as a stop-over and so did not need to go into Tralee, the hotel is a bit far from the centre of the town, it has no grounds or gardens and not much of a view, but once you are inside that doesn't matter - this is a great place that seems to have recovered the sense of personal attention and friendliness that so many Irish hotels lost during the Celtic Tiger years.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Harry_Callaghan
Reviewed 17 April 2012

From the moment we entered this hotel with our 3 young children, we were teated like VIP guests. The staff are so friendly and helpful, the pool area is gorgeous, rooms so comfortable and food excellent. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Myself and fiance booked a weekend away and although we had one or two bumps over the weekend we could not fault the staff. We stayed in both a standard room & master suite (one night in each). The hotel was spotless with not a bit of dirt to be seen in any part of the hotel.

One of the greatest comforts was that the staff were at hand to handle any queries that we had throughout our stay with a warm and friendly manor from them all.

We would recommend a stay here, and if possible try to book a master suite as you get much much more for you money as you get a balcony, separate living room and a jacuzzi bath.

The hotel is wonderfully located as it is on the main road from Dublin and just outside the town of Tralee, and is situated at the edge of a retail park with great shops.

Room Tip: Try to book a master suite if possible as it is great val for money
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Having booked my hotel via an independent site there was minor confusion on check that caused absolutely no inconvenience to myself. However, the receptionist automatically upgraded me to a mini suite that was very much appreciated and is indicative of the very high standards of customer care employed by the management of this hotel. Furthermore the receptionist was friendly and informative which created an excellent first impression. The room was furnished to a very high standard with separate bath and shower and seating area. Having had a lengthy day travelling I was exhausted and hungry and made my way to the bar where again I was greeted by extremely attentive staff. I ordered bar food from an extensive menu that excelled expectations. This was washed down with several pints of well look after Guinness!! I had requested a quite room and that was what I got ensuring a good nights sleep. Breakfast was a delight and not the normal buffet style service that is so common now in most hotels. I was again waited on by attentive, courteous staff who directed me to help myself to a wide range of cereals, fresh fruits, cold meats etc. I then opted for the full Irish which was by far the best breakfast I have eaten in a long time. Award winning sausages, quality bacon,fresh eggs etc and unlimited tea and toast not only set me up for the day ahead but ensured that I would be returning again in the very near future!!! (The next time I will avail of the leisure centre facilities.)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business