Newpark Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
  • Breakfast included
2,103 results
All reviewspet farmkids cluboutdoor infinity poolpetting zoofamily hotelleisure centreunderfloor heatinglovely hotelgo kartsfamily breaksuperior roomsteam roomgames roomtop classwalk in showereaster breakboth nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed here for one night on my way to Cork - from the minute you arrive you fell welcome, friendly efficient receptionists, warm fire burning in the lobby and a spacious comfortable room. In addition a well equipped gym and a great Irish breakfast - what more could you ask??

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear GraemeShanghai,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark hotel and for your warm praise of my colleagues who I know are extremely proud be receive such positive feedback.

Again, my sincere thanks for taking the time in writing and we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Newpark Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Would highly recommend the infinity pool for a special event = would be a lovely setting for a small party of friends with food and drinks served externally, weather permitting.

Room Tip: Had a fab treatment in the Spa, utilized the leisure facilities and found them to be very good, the infinity pool is a dream. The food in the Bar was very good for the price, the staff were friendly and nice and it is a nice informal Bar to relax in. The bedrooms were excellent apart from no air conditioning. All in all a very nice break and would recommend and return myself.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My family and I checked into this hotel on St Patrick's day,From the minute we went to reception we could not have been treated better.The receptionist Mary was very helpful and so welcoming.The room was very clean,spacious and the heated floor in the bathroom was fab.On our first night we had some food while having a drink in the bar with our children,the food was lovely,there was not any sandwiches on the menu but when I ask the waitress was so nice and said they would make me one.The swimming pool and spa are top class and the vitality pool was very relaxing.The second night of our stay we had dinner in the resturant which was top class.Every morning breakfast was again top class.Staff are very friendly.We have stayed in alot of hotels and this hotel has been one of our best.We will be back.Thanks to all at The new park for a great stay.Ellen and family.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 772Ellen
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear 772Ellen,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of The Newpark Hotel. Im delighted that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay here with us and I have shared your feedback with the entire team here at The Newpark as we are extremely proud to receive such positive feedback.

We look forward will to welcoming you and your family again in the future. Please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality. If there is anything else I can be assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me on 056 7760592.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed for two nights with my wife and 3 small kids all under 5. Have to say this is a little jem.decor of hotel excellent, very clean and the food was amazing. Bedrooms are well maintained and have a lovely atmosphere with very comfortable bedding. Swimming pool excellent with very friendly staff and outdoor pool a must. Lovely bar and price of food good and staff went out of their way to cater for our childrens needs.however when buying a drink barman with white hair and glasses was given out to the young barman which should be done in private. Only had breakfast in the restaurant good choice but sausages very bland.
Overall a great hotel and intend going back over the easter.

• Stayed: March 2012
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Dear 24dad,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of The Newpark Hotel. Im delighted that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay here with us and I have shared your feedback with the entire team here at The Newpark.

I most certainly appreciate receiving all feedback, be it positive or negative, thus affording us the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel and based on your comments I have personally meet with the bar team and we are currently reviewing our breakfast offering based on your comments.

I will hope to serve you and your family again in the future. Please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality. If there is anything else I can be assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0567760592.

Kind Regard,

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Having read the reviews, I decided to stay for the weekend 3 nights with 1 evening meal, with my family. Highs - lovely room, couldn't fault it, very quiet at night and extremely comfortable bed with an extra padded layer ontop of the mattress which makes for extra comfort. Lows - I don't consider this a 4* for quality food. The breakfast, whilst, a good variety, the bowl of fruit available was tasteless. The sausages were of very poor quality (not the only guest to think so, on that morning!) and rashers were extremely salty, also, only scrambled eggs available, unless requested which seemed to take until the rest of your breakfast was finished. Table beside me requested boiled eggs - but they were unedible, were not cooked at all) . I am not a moany traveller I will give credit where credit is due, but have to say I do feel the food is not up to 4* standard. The kids menu is poor with no healthy options available, the fish fingers were not cooked through on 1 occasion. My husbands meal in the bar which was - minute steak very over cooked and was like leather at a pricey €13.95 which in my opinion was definitely not worth it. Bar menu - hotel prices - very over priced for what you got. I will say the seafood chowder is absolutely beautiful - definitely recommended. We asked for our table to be cleared in the bar about 3 times,, as we had people waiting to join us after the food and we ended up doing it outselves after an hour and a half! The pool area was very clean and the infinity pool was lovely. All in all, a pleasant enough stay, would stay again, but definitely with lower expectations!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear Rebsam24,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to review your recent visit with us here at The Newpark and for choosing to stay with us. I most certainly appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative, which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel.

Im delighted that overall you had a pleasant stay here with us, however I would like to apologise for the errors you and your family experienced during your stay with us and I can assure this in no way indicative of our usual high level of service delivered here at The Newpark.

The hotel puts great emphasis into improving both our facilities and service to guests on a daily basis. Based on for your feedback our Food & Beverage team have reviewed all areas highlighted within your feedback and implemented the appropriate plans to ensure your comments and the issues you experienced are resolved.

It is my goal to retain you, and your family as satisfied customers and I will hope to serve you again in the future. Please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality. If there is anything else I can be assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me on 056 7760500 or email mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com.

Kind regards,