Pembroke Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
US$135
US$131
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$113
  • Restaurant
US$338
US$194
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$251/night.

Newpark Hotel(Kilkenny)
US$228
US$208
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$88
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$119
US$116
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdesign centerkilkenny castleno elevatorbreakfast is servedold stablesdower housetop floorheavy bagshistoric houserooms overlookingoverlooking the gardenfacing the streetlarge roomseparate showercastle groundssconesloved kilkenny
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I am very happy that I stayed at the Butler house. Not only did Richard, Gabrielle and Wendy (did not have the pleasure of meeting Freda) make my wife and I feel welcome but they were an important source for Carol and I to make the most of Ireland while we were there. The staff spent a lot of time and showed patience with us when helping us make our vacation more rewarding. I cannot thank them enough for their help. Everything they advised us on was correct. The Butler house was clean, spacious, centrally located and extremely quaint. The Butler House gardens and history of the house and castle were fascinating. The combination of a knowledgable staff, great hotel and perfect location at a reasonable price is hard to beat. My wife and I will be back to kilkenny and will stay at the Butler house.

Reviewed September 25, 2010

Despite being our most expensive night in Ireland, our one night at Butler House was excellent. After a train ride from hell in the morning, getting into lovely Kilkenny and then seing where we were to stay was a relief. Our room was enormous, with easily the best shower and bathtub we've ever encountered. The room was spotless, with plenty of natural light streaming in from the garden, and a view of the castle lit up at night. The staff was very helpful in telling us where to go and how to get there, and were very sympathetic in finding out our backpack had been snatched in Heuston station. I would most certainly stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed September 24, 2010

From the moment you walk though the door of Butler House you can sense the atmosphere and feel the history. It is not the cheapest accommodation available in Kilkenny town but for us it was worth paying the extra for the unique experience.
Situated right in the centre of Kilkenny and a short distance from the castle, shops, design centre etc it was the ideal place.
The reception team were welcoming, friendly and extremely helpful - once in the room a map was marked up to show us places to visit, dining options etc (the hotel only offers B&B but there was a microwave, and other facilities in a separate kitchen area away from the lounge and bedroom).
We had a fantastic room that was immaculately clean and we slept well - my only criticism would be that the bedding needs to be upgraded to douvets as the "furry blanket" is outdated and should be avoided in the hotel industry. The bathroom was a little small but this wasn't an issue as everything worked well.
Breakfast is served at the old stables, a short walk across the lovely gardens and this in itself was a experience. The food was good and there was plenty of variety.
Kilkenny is charming and there is a lot to see and do - the castle tour was great value and the lady guide told the story with passion and humour.
Overall a memorable experience that we thoroughly enjoyed.

Reviewed September 18, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Butler House on our tour of ireland. The B&B is ideally situated to see all of the city on foot. The room was clean and comfortable with a nice, large bathroom. We loved the courtyard as well. Yvonne was also very friendly and helpful with planning our stay. We also loved our morning visits from Bob! he made me a little less homesick for two pups back home (but watch your biscuits around him as he is sure to have them).

Reviewed September 16, 2010

We originally had a reservation at another B&B in Kilkenny, but once I saw the Butler House I cancelled our other reservation. It is in a perfect location, and the rooms we stayed in had a view of the castle. The service was excellent - it was Irish hospitality at its best. It's a little more expensive than some of the other B&B's in Kilkenny, but if you are looking for a nicer B&B with a great location in the town, then this is the one for you.