We visited over St Patricks weekend. We got a family room, which was really very nice. Large and comfortable. Service was in the most part very good, but even though my wife had booked it as a spa break there were ZERO treatments available at any time over the three days we were there. The following day we approached a different member of staff and they managed to get my wife one half hour treatment just before we checked out on the Monday. We ate one night in the Asian restaurant and this was fabulous. Also great service from the Asian lady. The following night we dined at the 'posh' restaurant. Reception told us our two kids were not welcome there since they were under 12. We ignored this and booked them in later and it turned out there were loads of youn kids, even babies there, so not sure what the reception was taliking about. We used some mountain bikes provided. The gears were all broken, but to be fair we were not being charged for them so we did not complain.
Worth adding there is an excellent mini cinema for kids, which gaves the adults time for a quiet drink.
Breakfasts were all very good. Would have like some better cereal options, eg. granola. Ended up having the full fry!
The hotel has a warm, cosy, family feel to it and we like this very much. With a little bit of better management this could become a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre