1,167 results
All reviews sash restaurant drawing room period rooms perry square people's park georgian quarter period style boutique hotel thermal suite afternoon tea scones eggs benedict limerick city small hotel relaxation room beautiful hotel next morning
Reviewed September 6, 2018

I took my wife there for a night out and we had a lovely time. Although we arrived early, they already had a room ready for us. I would like to complement all the staff and owners for a beautiful hotel and warmly bar.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BruceSWB
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed September 4, 2018

Set in the heart of Georgian Limerick is the very lovely No 1 Pery Square. It is split into two halves - Georgian and modern. We were in a huge, comfortable room in the old building with a fantastic bathroom, full size bath and separate shower, double sinks and treat of all treats Voya bath products. On the first floor is the original Piano Nobile with a magnificent fire place, comfortable chairs and proper linen table cloths. There are books everywhere if you want to sit and read! The food and service are wonderful, we were made to feel so welcome by the bar staff and the lovely girl serving breakfasts. There is proper orange juice in the morning and if you can't see anything on the menu that you like, 'well, anything is possible'. We just loved this hotel. You are in walking distance of everything and it overlooks the People's Park. If you want to stay in a small, charming and beautifully run hotel then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Montyrover

Thank you for such lovely words , delighted to read you enjoyed your stay so much and of course the Vanderkiste room.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

We visited No 1 Pery for a couples get away whilst visiting Ireland. From the first moment the reception was fantastic and friendly. The room was extremely well appointed and comfortable. Dinner was delightful and very reasonable with a good selection of drinks. Breakfast again was plentiful and very well prepared. Would certainly recommend this boutique hotel. If you want to use the spa I would suggest booking in advance although again the staff made every effort to fit my wife in.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James N

Next time hopefully we can have you for two nights. THank you for your kind words

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We visited the number one Perry for afternoon tea. We were treating our daughter on her last day of her summer holidays. We arrived early so that we could relax before the "feast" and enjoy ourselves. We were shown to the room where we were going to have the afternoon tea. We started with 2 coffees and a hot chocolate these were pleasant. The food arrived on a tier and this consisted of sandwiches, scones, and cakes. The sandwiches were most definitely out of the fridge and made with stale bread, possibly leftovers for the fillings too. I didn't eat my chicken sandwich or salmon as they were dire. My husband ate his out of pure starvation! He didn't enjoy them. The scones were bland and we ate 2 out of the 4 that arrived. They didn't come with the traditional and BASIC butter, jam or cream - shocking! The cakes were ok but we're certainly not freshly baked that day! Now onto my daughters tier of food, she had what's called the 'princess tea'she got a ham sandwich which she couldn't eat it was deplorable, the bread was hard and cold, again out of a fridge, she also got a Nutella sandwich which she didn't try as it was on the same bread as the ham sandwich. Her brownie was like a brick definitely a frozen dessert. She did not like one item on her tier and I tried a piece of all her food for myself. We were only seen to when the food was brought too us. We didn't get any service after this so we decided to leave. My daughter was so hungry that we had to take her to the local supermarket and get her something to eat there! We were lucky enough not to have to spend our own money on this but instead we wasted a gift voucher that we were given last Christmas. We are foodies not fools! How can you not get sandwiches right? ? And to charge us €72 is absolutely extortionate. Shame on you! This was con artistry at its finest!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank J H
Food1wine, Manager at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Your words are very disappointing and we would never con a guest as you state. It's an unfair comment. I understand if we disappointed you and this was certainly not our intention but without direct feedback at the time it's impossible to correct a situation. We don't always get it right but our intention is to deliver service and food for all guests of No 1 to enjoy.
Sandwiches are always made fresh with our own white yeast and brown soda bread.
Scones always are served with preserve and fresh cream and on the side. Direct feedback is absolutely always welcomed all the time.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a hotel this much. We loved everything about this place -- the friendly & helpful front desk manager, the artistic design of the place, the central location, the gated parking -- but above all the food. We had such a lovely dinner with wine & cheeseboard and great service, and breakfast was equally impressive. Really, really enjoyed this place and would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple