All reviews stayed here the river city centre free car park sarsfield bridge nice bar excellent location next morning under pressure king johns castle underground parking bar staff full irish would stay again hotel bar hen party staff were lovely
Reviewed September 8, 2018

Terrible hotel. The rooms are very small and definitely dated. It's in need of renovation badly. Thevfirst room I was given was on the 3rd floor. It was so small if you tried to swing a cat you would knock its head off. It also smelt of damp so much so it gave me an asthma attack. The second room was better but not by a lot. The TVs in the rooms are 15" my caravans are bigger. They seem to think this is the norm for rooms. Breakfast was also a treat. I dont know what they fried the black and white puddings in but they were inedible . Tasted like month old fat. The tea was also a delight. The tea bags tasted of damp cardboard. All in all a very poor experience and spoilt up to then had been a great holiday in ireland. I recommend both trip advisor and booking.com take this hotel off there lists until its improved.

Room tip: Don't bother
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank savytraveller12354
Katarzyna M, Manager at The Pier Hotel, Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Dear Allan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear the rooms were not up to the standard you have come to expect from us. I was disappointed to read that you didn't have a pleasant experience and can assure you I will be personally investigating the matter. We are a small family owned hotel located in Limerick City Centre with selection of different size rooms and we are constantly improving our hotel. The TVs sizes are meeting the 3 star classification requirements, although in the last couple of months we have been changing them to larger screen as part of improving your, the guest's, experience. In relation to black&white pudding and the tea quality, I have personally addressed our Head Chef on the matter to ensure this won't happen again. Considering the amount of good reviews and happy faces we have seen through the years, its unfortunate that you weren't one of them. In any case we will take your criticism on board to build the brighter and more pleasant stay for all our future guests.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Hotel generally mediocre and a bit uncared-for. The reception we had was lack-lustre. The bathroom was clean but had seen better days. The light over the desk didn't work and when we reported this, the bulb was indeed changed - but it still didn't work. We were woken early by the sound of people shouting angrily in the corridor. The breakfast was the most disappointing we had in two weeks of touring Ireland, with no fresh fruit or yogurt on offer and, worst of all, jugs of reconstituted orange juice that was utterly disgusting - it was basically an unpleasant sort of orange squash which left a nasty after-taste.

But on the plus side, we arrived in the morning and were lucky enough to find a parking space (there aren't many) in the secure garage. The wifi worked. With a little care and attention to the rooms and a definite improvement in the breakfast, this could be a nice place to stay for a visit to Limerick.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Katarzyna M, Manager at The Pier Hotel, Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review us

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as we were attending a GAA match in the Gaelic Grounds. The hotel is located approximately 20mins walk away from the ground, directly across the bridge and straight out the road. We got a good price for B&B a week before booking directly with the hotel.

The room was small with not much space to move around. It had a comfortable bed and powerful shower.

There is a secure car park located underneath the hotel which has enough spaces for about 10 cars. The hotel is a couple of minutes walk from the main shopping areas in the centre of Limerick.

The breakfast was tasty however when we entered the restaurant there were no clean tables and the poor waitress seemed to be under pressure trying to serve guests and clear tables at the same time so much so that it looked like the handy man and another gentleman stepped in to assist her.

1  Thank Mrs_Pud1

Thank you for taking the time to review us

Reviewed August 22, 2018

It's certainly not as attractive as the photos suggest (furnishings are drab) however, the location is v convenient, parking facilities are ok, tho' they have to be negotiated at times, it's clean, the reception staff are polite and helpful and it's reasonably priced. For a stop over, I'd definitely recommend it!

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Bass007Larnaca

I wish to acknowledge your review and I am sorry that your experience did not match your expectations. We appreciate the feedback and I can assure you the experience described by you in your review is not our normal standard of product or service.

I am glad you found our staff polite and helpful :) I will be sure to pass on your comments.

I hope your overall trip to Limerick was a success. I hope you had a safe journey home.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

I was in Limerick for one night in August 2018 with some friends. The Hotel is located near the city center (15 min on foot), easy to reach by car and don't worry if the Park is full, at the reception they give us a second car park with a special convention. If I will return in Limerick I will surely stay there another time...

1  Thank Elione78

Thank you for taking the time to share such a great 4 star review following your stay here with us at The Pier Hotel.

We are very proud of our offerings here and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team and I have no doubt they will be very appreciative.

We look forward to welcoming you back once more.