See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were made very welcome by Michael and offered coffee etc. Lovely big house, although in need of some modernisation as room and bathroom very dated. Perfectly adequate though for our one night stay. Breakfast was fine and Michael and Jake (the dog) good hosts.

Room Tip: I am sure that some of the rooms will be brighter than the one my husband and I had and no worries about noise and plenty of free parking.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane H
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I stayed in this B&B last year while in Limerick for work last year. The work wasfinished late at night and the last breakfast the next day was at 9.30am. I asked if I could have it a little later as I had the whole next day with nothing to do before work the next evening and was very tired. They said no and in fact my door was hammered on at 9.00 am and "Breakfast was shouted through the door. I had arranged an extra half hour late check out (if you could call it that) and the phone rang at 12 and I was told that It was check out time. I have never felt as unwelcome anywhere in my life . The location is fine the decor is old, the room was very small and my bathroom bin had not been emptied from the previous person. You can find much better sevice than this.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I cannot fault Michael and his wife- they were very welcoming and did all to help us enjoy our stay. The location of B&B is good, just 5 mins fdrive rom town centre and there's ample parking. It is an established B&B, at least 30 years old and it shows. The room, though spotless looked tired and dull. Probably due to poor isolation and glazing, i thought it also felt damp and musty but I guess you get what you pay for so. Overall it's a good budget option.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We arrived at the Clifton House at the end of a very long day -- we had suffered a flat tire on the way from Galway, and though the gas station attendents couldn't have been nicer while helping us fix it, we still didn't reach Limerick until nearly 9 p.m. Thankfully, the owners of the B&B were extremely understanding: initially, we called around 7 p.m. to say we were running late and we were told not to worry about it all. And then, when we finally did arrive, we were met with a smile a very kind word. It was just what we needed.

The Clifton House itself is rather large and featured a spacious dining area with big windows (also, the traditional Irish breakfast was tasty). Our room was also large: it actually had two beds (one double, one single), a big bathroom, a desk, etc. It was extremely cozy in feel, and we enjoyed that it felt like it had some history. In other words, it's not a new place, and it probably hasn't been renovated in a while, but it was hardly worn-down. It didn't feel old at all, just well-loved.

The Clifton House is about a 15-20 minute easy walk into Limerick's city center for all the pubs and restaurants, plus there's plenty of free parking onsite. And again, above all, we were just touched by how kind the owners were: they were happy to supply restaurant recommendations for dinner as well as delightful conversation at breakfast the next morning. We would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Clifton House is conveniently located on the main road between Shannon Airport and Limerick with reasonably priced bus service nearby. It's a comfortable walk into the city center and in the other direction there are mini-markets, takeaways, and other shopping, too.

Very friendly and helpful hosts. Great breakfast. Nice comfortable room.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo