1,307 results
All reviews the river tallest hotel car park hen party next morning lovely hotel city centre course meal stayed here for one night great weekend staff were lovely family room friday night bar staff enjoyable stay last weekend king john's castle
Reviewed October 30, 2018

Three of us stayed for one night in a triple room. We had a lovely large room with a fab view of the shannon. Once settled noticed the room had two of everything ie cups, towels,glasses etc. Phoned reception reported same, 30minutes past and phoned reception again and when I stated everything missing which we would need the guy at reception asked if the room was serviced !! not sure if he was trying to be smart!! Anyhow eventually a nice girl came to the room and gave us everything that should of been in the room. Next morning had a not so pleasant shower. The water was squirting out from of the shower head in all different directions but I made do. A family member then used the shower and the whole shower head came off and water flying everywhere wetting the whole bathroom. The third person in the room could now not shower but she was fine about it. On checking out reported this to the manager who asked if anyone was hurt apologized and to visit again. To be honest I think the situation could of been dealt with better we felt we were not been heard and a kinda hear we go again attitude. The room had so many things wrong and it was such a pity as it had many positives ie the beds were very comfortable, pillows bed linen very good quality and a lovely view but these were just overshadowed. Very disappointing stay.

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Just back from a visit to this hotel. Overall I would say that it doesnt rate as a 4 star hotel. Too many little things wrong that add up to make you want to check for more issues. The first issue was the toilets close to reception. After a long drive the 5 of us wanted to use the bathroom. There was only toilet tissue in one cubicle. Other 4 or 5 all empty. The disabled toilet had none either. We reported it to reception and nobody rushed in with any. Later on in the day I used the same toilets. Still no toilet paper in any of them. I had booked a treble and a double room. In the treble room there was only 2 glasses, 2 mugs, and barely enough towels for 2 people. It was obviously not set up for 3 people. So a call had to be made to reception. My twin room was fine except not enough towels. We were on the 13th floor and the view over the water was fantastic. My sister went to have a shower and the nozzle came off the shower and banged on her head and a deluge of water went all over her. She reported this to guy on reception. He asked if she was hurt. She said she wasnt and he said sorry about that! He was very offhand and made to feel like it was no big deql, once she wasnt hurt! Then it was more or less get out of my way and I serve the next customer! Customer service is sorely lacking. Food wise, it was good. However no fried eggs available for breakfast. Thats OK because you could order some. What was not OK was that they forgot to bring the eggs. After a reminder we eventually got the eggs when we were just finishing our breakfast! Leaving all that aside on the plus side the beds were the best I ever slept in. King Coil mattresses that were luxurious. The pillows were fab as well. So if customer service was to improve and attention paid to small details this could be a proper 4 star experience

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank angieos
Reviewed October 22, 2018

Civil Service was beautiful, the room was done perfectly. The staff were lovely. Everything went very well until it came to the dinner. Both starters were terrible and the main course was very bland. It also took ages for the meal to be served.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
PatReddan1, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Dear Anne Marie O,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I have addressed these issues with the Head Chef and his team and would be confident that this will not occur again.

Kind Regards,

Pat Reddan

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is very nice, but had a very bad experience.
i was really disappointed with night staff memebers the way they reacted when my girlfriend was assulted twice. I left my review in Google but still the hotel dont feel shame that one of their guest assulted my gorlfriend twice.
I think there is no communication between the management members because, i am Male and Ms. Kate replied to my google review by addressing -
Ms Parmesh & Guest.
Thank you Clayton team..

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Pramesh,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I have spoken with the night team about the incident to identify if there was any way it could have been handled differently.

Please feel free to contact me preddan@claytonhotels.com

Kind Regards

Pat

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

As the pictures show the pancakes (joke) were supposed to be served with maple syrup and fresh blueberries. Said pancakes (joke) arrived with a dallop of disgusting chocolate spread. If we wanted chocolate spread instead of what was advised in the menu we would have requested it. The waitress EVENTUALLY provided the maple syrup and blueberries when we pointed this out. They have some brass neck charging €7.50 for these jokes of pancakes. These are the cheap ones you can buy in packets of 8 in any supermarket for €1. Definitely would not recommend and will not be returning. It was far superior when it was The Clarion, food was always lovely then.

1  Thank NoreenH

Dear Noreen,

I am disappointed to read your review on your recent experience in my hotel.

I am very sorry that we did not provide what we offer on our menu and what you ordered straight away. I can promise you that the pancakes are made in house.

Kind Regards