2,958 results
All reviews the river across the bridge junior suite city centre sarsfield bridge lovely hotel the executive lounge wedding reception thomond park function room king john's castle car park great room top class last weekend would highly recommend this hotel hotel bar
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I can't really much that hasn't already been said... except to say that I am one of many people who was VERY satisfied with his stay in the hotel. I would rate it with six green circles if I could. If you want to stay in Limerick, then you can't go wrong here!! :-)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We recently stayed at the Strand overnight and would definately reccommend it - excellent location, lovely room, great food, friendly staff.. regretfully had only one night in Limerick as we would have liked to stay longer and try out more of the hotel amenities. Thanks to all at The Strand for a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had our wedding reception in The Strand Hotel in September of this year and we can not reccomend the hotel enough for such an occassion. From start to finish they made organising the event a lot easier then anticapted. As with all weddings there are a lot of requirements to make ones guests happy and there was nothing that the hotel could not accomodate.The food was fantastic on the day with the silver service adding an extra special touch to the meal. From management to staff members everyone was focused on making it a stress free day for us and therefore an ideal wedding location.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aideen T
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Strand in August this year (2012). For those of you not familiar with Limerick or the hotel it is located right at the very end of the Ennis Rd. and is just a few minutes walk to the city centre and all its attractions.
From the moment we checked in we could sense a genuine warmth and friendliness from the staff. They were professional but seemed relaxed and happy in their jobs and this seems to rub off on others.Indeed, from the staff at the front desk , to the bar and restaurant staff we could not speak highly enough of everyone we encountered.A good team spirit was clearly evident and there was a welcoming and happy attitude in dealing with guests.At no time were we made feel that any of our requests were in any way an inconvenience to staff. On the contrary, every request was answered with two words-"no problem". The food and service was first class, both in the bar and restaurant.Our room was bright ,airy and impeccably clean and with a beautiful view of the Shannon thrown in.On one of the days we stayed there was a large wedding reception but our needs and those of other guests were not neglected as there were still plenty of staff around at their normal posts.(unlike many other hotels we've visited)
Breakfast in the morning is a real treat. There are almost limitless choices and certainly everyone will find something to their liking.Word of warning;you will be tempted by so much good food it is easy to overdo it!
It is really hard for us to find anything to complain about but if there was anything it would only be that the energy saving bulbs in the bedside lamp were so dim that I couldn't read my paper in bed! Yeah, I know I'm being really picky but that is the closest thing to a complaint that I could find.Great staff, great food, great service, great location and great value for money.We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the higher floors and with a river and city view. Not all have views but many do.It's worth asking which ones do.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick R
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Four of us were staying at a local bed and breakfast. We arrived late and it was recommended that we go to the closest hotel to grab dinner. We were told that the food was "okay" but most of all, it was convenient.

After waiting for more than 15 minutes, our waiter finally came over and took our order. Unknown to us, he took his break and the so-called manager, Peter, was suppose to take over. After 45 minutes, we asked the bus boy if he could find out where our meals were. About three minutes later, our meals were delivered to us by Peter. My aunt's chicken dish was cold. It was obvious that our food had been sitting in the kitchen for a while and Peter dropped the ball.

We spoke to Peter about this incident and his poor service, but he became very defensive and told us that the restaurant served over 500 meals on this day and no one else complained. Perhaps we were an unusual circumstance, but I highly doubt so. Peter definitely had an attitude with us and his customer service is more than lacking.

Bottom line - don't eat at this restaurant if you want your meal in a timely fashion and want your meal served hot.

We vacationed and ate out for three weeks in Ireland and this dinner & service was, by far, the worst we came across.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends