“Love the menu”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed our family meal here recently. Ribs were excellent for starter. The new menu has re-introduced old favourites like the duck confit.
Their steaks are top quality. Others had the chicken and lamb which were also top notch. Loved the sides. The only thing I would change are the chips.
I would recommend the pavlova for dessert.

1  Thank Montysheridan

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Everything about this place is wrong. As a customer i felt as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit. One feels like an irritable imposition on the staff upon arrival. This feeling increased when presented with a menu which can only be described as baffling. I decided on the generic burger and chips as it was the only thing i could find that was legible! Food was more style than substance, and contained items that were not noted on the ridiculous menu. Rocket gives me heartburn and i ended up having to take it off myself. Would i have ordered it if i had known that? Of course not! The music was freeform jazz which was far too loud and and could have easily been replaced by a wailing cat in my ear. Service was provided by bored hipsters whose insouciance to the whole event was grating. Prices were too high for the poor fare on display. Didnt feel welcome or cared for and couldnt get out quickly enough! Two thumbs down.

10  Thank teamjoey
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

l’ve probably eaten here over 20 times since it has opened. The food can be great, they had a fab steak salad which I always got but have since taken it off the menu. I love the sauce of the wings but they aren’t consistent in terms of how they cook them. The burgers are a go to as they are always lovely. They have a very high turn over of staff, which often says a lot about the owners! The staff are generally very friendly though, apart from the lady with the short hair (I think she is an owner), she is rude and obnoxious! I never suggest going to the ESB but often end up back again at birthday dinners etc. Far better places for dinner in Drogheda in my opinion!

2  Thank Amandakane00
octomonkey, in the kitchen at Eastern Seaboard, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

** Actually, we don't have a high turnover of staff - but that's the nature of this business, especially in Ireland where people don't view the service industry as a career.....**

** AND, that's my wife you're talking about! She may be many things, but rude & obnoxious she is not!

In your considered opinion there are "far better places for dinner in Drogheda" - please dine there - you'll be much happier. Trust me. Thank you for your custom in the past.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Noisy bustling restaurant. Great location with lots of parking in front. Very popular and would need reservations at busy times. Food fine with plenty of choice. Service good. It is very noisy so don't go for a quiet meal. A little claustrophobic....probably a table or two too many. I would say a Young person's restaurant. Price wise is medium including drinks.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

We have eaten in the Eastern Seaboard a few times since it opened and it is very consistent. They seem to have changed their menu and I think there is less choice- especially for a family meal with teenagers. However the food is still very good. Also the air conditioning is generally turned up too high so I bring an extra top!

Date of visit: July 2018