Review Highlights
Great course with great views

I've played numerous courses on my visits to Ireland and this one ranks in the top 5, Others... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Brian B
Boston Golf Group

We were 16 gents playing, and very welcomed at Baltray. We thoroughly enjoyed the great links... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
terrencekennedy
Boston, Massachusetts

All reviews links course great links great value non members challenging holes real test warm welcome steak courses clubhouse par caddies layout fairways championship caddy ireland
Reviewed June 20, 2016

We played County Louth GC in early May. Perfect weather and average Irish winds greeted us in Baltray. My son and I are low single digit handicappers and had played 9 Irish links courses prior to County Louth during our 2 week visit.

Honestly, it is a good course but in comparison to Portmarnock Golf Club or Island Golf Club (albeit a little more expensive comparatively) it is not worth the $140.00 Euros per person. There are better links choices around Dublin that are better maintained and may be a bit more or less money.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

I was told not to miss this course by someone who knows the the golf on the Irish side of the pond. He was right. I played by myself and joined with a member. He was very kind and helpful. This is links golf as good as many of the better known facilities.

Reviewed June 11, 2016

Visited for the first time recently and enjoyed it immensely. The greens and fairways were top class and it was a great golfing experience. As ever with links courses, the weather will play a part but that's all part of the challenge.

Ate beforehand and the service was excellent and the staff welcoming and friendly to visitors, which isn't always the case in clubs of this standard.

The clubhouse has B & B rooms and I look forward to having the chance to go back.

1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

First time at this course and it impressed us all. Some of the best green complexes in Ireland and definitely the best set of par threes on the island. It was a great addition to the tour and we'll absolutely return. Friendly folks and great service.

1  Thank Frank P
Reviewed June 3, 2016

Enjoyed the course even though we played on a day where the wind blew pretty good.

With the wind blowing, the holes from 11 to 14 played very hard. 11 was very tough at 460 yards dead into a strong wind.

Price was a little lower than some of the other name course we played but this course was a very good value and fun to play.

Maybe it was because were had some traffic issues leaving Dublin and nearly missed our time, but we saw this the least friendly place of the 6 course we played. Others here have not said this, but it was the feeling our group had. Maybe it was the day and maybe it was they were very busy.

Well worth playing though and we did enjoy the course and our round