See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I and our son stayed at Dun Mhuire for 3 days. The Quinns are wonderful and gracieus hosts. The rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast was good. I love a good Irish breakfast. This year we got extra service by PJ. He collected us from the trainstation and even brought us to the dance competition. Thank you Marian and PJ, loved it to stay with you.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2015 via mobile

As a first timer to a B&B, my wife and I were thrilled with Dun Mhuire, and with The Quinn's. The property was inspection quality clean (just ask my wife), the room was large and comfortable, and the Breakfast was fantastic. Best of all was the conversation and willingness of the hosts to go above and beyond for their guests. Within an hour of checking in and mentioning that my ancestors (Hanley & Richardson) departed the area approx 100 years ago, Mr. Quinn had me in his car driving around the Horsepark/Derrywash area. Outstanding people and location for the Castlebar area. Highly recommend! Thanks PJ and Marion!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2015

We stayed here on the eve of climbing Croagh Patrick and felt immediately at home. Having come highly recommended by family members to us, we could tell why upon arrival. The large comfortable sitting room was opened up to us and we were offered tea and biscuits. Our room was ensuite with a large comfortable bed. There was plenty of storage space and a television to watch. The town centre was a short distance away and could be reached on foot. We were given a hearty breakfast the following morning which was much appreciated when climbing the mountain that day! I would strongly recommend this bed and breakfast to all.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2014

This is our 2nd stay with Marian & PJ. As I said before they are the perfect hostess and host.
The location is excellent for walking Lake Lannagh or walking to town. We had 3 wonderful days there. The rooms are spotless & comfortable and the breakfast is delicious. Thank You for Your hospitality. It's the only B&B I'd want to stay at in Castlebar.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This is a lovely B & B with well appointed rooms and wonderful host. We called to let them know that we would be checking in late and they were perfectly fine with it. However, we were much later than we had anticipated due to a ferry delay from the Aran Islands and did not arrive until approximately 10 p.m. Even so, we were greeted with a smile from P.J. and a spread of treats, coffee and tea prepared by Marian even though she couldn't be there. Lovely place, lovely people.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends