“Sure you couldn't ask for more”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castlebar
The Welcome Inn Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Castlebar
Reviewed 22 March 2012

A Group of 10 of us blokes travelled over to Mayo for the night on 10th March 2012. We stayed in the Welcome Inn Hotel and I have to say, it could not have been better. From Booking the Rooms to leaving, The Girls couldn't have been more easy going and helpful. Well done to Marge at Reception and Mags in the Kitchen (The breakfast was lovely). Nothing was too much trouble and they even provided us with a very welcome snack before we went to Watch Down Gaa beat their own beloved Mayo. Thanks again Girls, I hope you enjoyed the Chocolate and I'll see you again soon.

Kerry McVeigh

Room Tip: The Guinness was Lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kerry M

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I did not stay in this hotel so will give everything but the service an average score, but did go to a work Xmas party in its function room,
The catering girls were giving out trays of sausage/chips in baskets as is customary in
staff parties, A few at my table were really hungry and we didn't get a basket of food,
the catering girls had baskets in there hands an I proceeded in going up to one an
older woman in her 40/50's and asking could
I get a basket please for our table as we hadn't got one, she turned around with a cross
look and scowled 'no' , i was taken aback by this and thought she maybe misheard me and asked
again and she repeated 'no' and stomped off.
She then proceeded to get more trays and kept passing them around to the tables.
Eventually some other girl put a tray basket on our table, I was very annoyed at this
and left me with a bad impression of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gazza378
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Friendly and helpfull staff but the hotel is dated particularly the bedrooms.The whole place needs a makeover. Breakfast is cooked fresh but the non cooked items are very limited.
B&B for €50 is competitive.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We barely could get our bags up the stairs and then when we got to the room it was so smokey.. we opened everything up.I complained about the smoke and they said they can't keep everyone from smoking... hmmmm We tried it, but the next morning I was so sick because of the smoke in the pillows, mattress and blankets... we had to leave here and go to another place. The people at the desk and in the restaurant/bar were super nice. I just couldn't handle the smoke.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I organised an end of year night away/bonding night for a group of male footballers in Castlebar recently. We stayed in the Welcome Inn and I found it to be excellent. I dealt with Martha and Aisling in the lead up to our trip and found both to be well organised and extremely efficient. We got a very competitive group rate which included a breakfast in the morning as well as entry to the nightclub. The hotel is located right in the centre of the town, near all the best pubs and restaurants and was exactly what we we were looking for. There is free parking and all staff were very friendly and helpful. The residents bar was open and there was no problem with a few drinks after the nightclub. Some players were late for breakfast (because of said residents bar!) and the staff still produced a breakfast for them. Also when some of the group had some drinks in the bar next morning the staff produced some finger food(chips, sausages, chicken nuggets) free of charge. I have organised a number of such trips in the past and have rarely been as pleased as I was with the Welcome Inn. I would highly recommend the hotel for any groups on such a trip and for value for money, it would be hard to beat it. I will definitely be going back with groups in the future.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laoch1979
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Stayed in the hotel Sunday night of the August bank holiday and was greeted by two friendly girls behind reception who were both very helpful and let myself and my husband view the room before we took it, the room was fine very spacious bathroom could do with being updated but was still fine, when we went back downstairs, the girls told us it was E40 each for the room, excellent value, we were then informed that there was a nightclub on but we were on the quiet side of the hotel & should not hear anything, thankfully this was true as we were both tired from a long drive, if I am up this end of the country again I will definitely stay in this hotel, thanks for all the extra help girls directions ect!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KerryBernard
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed here for 9 nights on a business trip at very good price bed and breakfast. rooms very basic and although slightly basic and dated rooms are comfortable size, flatscreen television and breakfast made to order. Free parking and location very central. Ate dinner in bar twice which was also nice. Staff very friendly and nice

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank etravelsdublin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlebar
0.8 km away
0.6 km away
The Connaught Inn
The Connaught Inn
#10 of 18 in Castlebar

Been to The Welcome Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!