1,017 results
All reviews royal theatre days hotel car park free parking national holidays self service lobby area lovely hotel town centre close to shops single bed stayed here for one night reception staff central location great selection couldn't fault last weekend
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here and loved it from the minute we walked in, the room we got was so unusually shaped but was so trendy and the bed was so comfortable. There was a glass window the length of the bedroom and it was very clean. The only thing I could fault is breakfast we arrived down at 9am and there was not much left breakfast wise and it wasn’t very busy. But for anyone with any special dietary requirements this is a excellent spot with different utensils for picking up rolls etc and all GF bread in its own packaging :)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Aidan G, Manager at Harlequin Hotel Castlebar, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Dear KelBel96,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here at the Harlequin Hotel. I was thrilled to read that you and your boyfriend were impressed with the hotel from the moment you both walked in to the floor to ceiling windows in the rooms. I am sorry that breakfast in the Foyer Restaurant was lacking at 9am which is unusual however we had just had a large number in the restaurant who were travelling as a group and it took a little time to replenish the hot buffet. We have recently upgraded our breakfast buffet to in crude a wider range of choice and this also includes trying to cater for all dietary requirements. All the feedback we receive goes directly to helping us to improve our service and products and I thank you for your feedback. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you both back to the Harlequin Hotel when you are in Castlebar again.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

My family and I have just returned from a week long tour of Kerry and Mayo. We decided to stay in Castlebar and visit Westport House before returning home.

The Harlequin Hotel in Castlebar we’re offering a great deal for two night B&B and dinner and suited the dates we would be there. I’m so glad we decided to book!!

The hotel is lovely! It’s fresh and modern.
Our room for 3 of us was quite small but with so much to do it really didn’t matter and it was used only as a base for exploring.

On the first evening we ate in the restaurant. From the service to the food everything was exceptional! Freshly prepared mouthwatering food and all courses were beautifully presented and tasted amazing! Compliments to the chief!

Our only complaint with the Harlequin Hotel is the banging of doors at 7am onwards and the noise from some tourists who I had to ask to keep the noise down so early, also the noise from the very busy main road can be loud.

Overall I definitely would recommend this Hotel!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen T

Dear Karen T,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay in the Harlequin Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had a great time exploring the west coast of Ireland and in particular Castlebar & Westport. Thank you for all your compliments and I have passed these along to our staff who, we are delighted to say, are brilliant when it comes to customer service. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by banging doors so early in the morning and that other guests were not sensitive tot he fact that others may still be sleeping even when they are up themselves. Thank you for your high recommendation and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you all back to the Harlequin Hotel when you visit again.

Best Regards

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We had the luxury room it very spacious and clean. The bed was massive three pillows across very comfy and welcoming. The bathroom was very up to date with a very powerful shower. We didn't eat breakfast as it wasn't included in our stay so can't comment on the food.
The staff were very polite and attentive. I would recommend staying in this hotel it's very close to the town.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Aidan G, Manager at Harlequin Hotel Castlebar, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear Suziebon,

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review of your stay here at the Harlequin Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend staying here. Hopefully the next time you stay you will have the opportunity to dine in the Foyer Restaurant and sample some of the wonderful food we have on offer from our new and improved breakfast buffet to our A La Carte menu which is offered to guests in the evening. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for another stay with us here at the Harlequin Hotel.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. Not pricey and absolutely spotlessly clean. Very well organised toward guest security and the staff are very friendly but not obtrusive. Buffet breakfast was very good with plenty of choice however my personal issue with many hotels is parking. This place has a multistorey car park and you can even park on the floor level in which your room is situated. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms good sized.
All in all we couldn't fault this gem. We will be back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Aidan G, Manager at Harlequin Hotel Castlebar, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Dear Joseph T,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us recently and I thank you for posting a wonderful review after your stay at the Harlequin Hotel. I was delighted to read that everything from the security of our guests to the availability of parking in the adjoining multi storey car park added positively to your experience. We pride ourselves on having well trained staff who as you so rightly pointed out are friendly but not obtrusive. We have recently upgraded our breakfast buffet and the options for breakfast and we are always trying to bring to the fore the best service and produce that are available. Thank you once again for all your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Harlequin Hotel again for another enjoyable and relaxing stay.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Only good things to say about the Harlequin Hotel, the reception staff are friendly & welcoming, our room was clean & comfortable & the food was delicious. The hotel is situated near a lovely park that has a circular walk with outdoor gym equipment dotted along the route. We were sorry that we couldn’t stay longer at the hotel.

Dear ChelseaGirl51,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay with us here at the Harlequin Hotel. I was delighted to read that you found all our staff to be friendly and welcoming and also that your room and the food in the Foyer Restaurant was to your liking. We are very proud of our staff here and also of the work they do to keep the Hotel looking so well. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope that when you return you might stay with us a little longer and enjoy the best hospitality we have to offer. Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.