“Dissapointing”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Westport
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 1 July 2011

First impression very dated hotel.
Stayed in premiere room.
Rooms very dark even on sunny days - inadequate lighting for reading in bedrooms and at mirror in bathroom.
Bed uncomfortable. Very poor nights sleep. nothing special about these rooms.
Very nice bathroom with seperate shower and bath. Nice finish but dark.
Food is really good.
Staff pay more attention to coach tours than other guests ..used breakfast dishes piled up and were through 2 course before they were cleared.
Leisure facilities ok children enjoyed the pool.
Liked Westport and hotel is in good location but wouldn't return.
Holiday for relaxation and left anything but...

3  Thank erneway
There are newer reviews for Hotel Westport

Reviewed 26 June 2011

Stayed with my family and one year old son. From check in to checking out the staff were exceptional. Had our meal in the restaurant the first night and it was lovely. It is adjoining the Westport house where there are loads of activities for the kids but unfortunately we didn't have the weather to avail of this so settled for the lovely indoor swimming pool at the hotel. Treated myself to a spa package in the Ocean Spirit spa which was fab and highly recommended. Overall couldn't fault this hotel in any way.

Room Tip: Great deals on booking.com which included dinner
1  Thank Dromcill
Reviewed 20 June 2011

spent a few days family break , it was great staff so helpfull friendly collett was excellent
children had a great time. we had a great time .

1  Thank louiserebel
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The hotel is conveniently located and within walking distance of the town but to be honest that's probably the only real advantage it has over some of its rivals. First off, it's not a 4 star in my view. My room was outdated - the bathroom in particular was very jaded, some of the tiles were yellowing and cracked. I agree completely with the previous reviewer about the wi-fi access, it was poor and intermittent. The worst part was the bill - I stayed in a twin room which cost €150 for the night which I felt in no way represented value for money. Worse still, three other guys in our party paid €320 per night for a triple room which I thought was outrageous. So, be very careful when booking this hotel online that you're not getting ripped off. I stayed in the Knockranny House last month and there's no comparison in terms of quality or value for money, I would go for the Knockranny every time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank roytheboy68
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Stayed here as nearly all the hotels in Westport were full and needed somewhere to stay, went for room one up from basic room, was clean and fine but had strange smell in the corridors....like a sick or damp smell...

They say there is WiFi, and when i rang reception to ask why my WiFi was not working properly in the room, I was given a sarcastic response that maybe my iPad was broken or i had a firewall......far from this actually the WiFi could only be picked up by the door, however I did not want to sit in the wardrobe to use my iPad and if I wanted to sit in the room or bed the WiFi would cut out....so that was a bit annoying....

the bar area was packed as football was on and a wedding (most the male guests had obviously slipped out to watch the game :) ) however this meant there was limited space and we could not get a space until the game was nearly....went into town for dinner and found a nice place to eat there.

Only had breakfast at the hotel, wasn't over-impressed, the food was all sitting out buffet style but didn't look completely clean, and you had to make your own toast through the machine. The breakfast is included in the rate always so ok if you want cereal or just a piece of bread or croissant.

If returning to Westport in future I would try one of the other hotels first.....however the bedroom is clean, just not worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Charlottes-Travels
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Stayed here one night to escape building site at our home! Very enjoyable stay only wish it had been longer. Very friendly and helpful staff. Have to mention "Panda Club". Our nine year old son had a ball and we had many hours to relax. Very well run and naturally hospitable.

Rían: (9yrs) Loved the Panda Club & Breakfast Train and well done to Michael (Panda Club Staff). Food & Service was really nice. Will definetly come back for longer stay. :)

Dad: Forgot what hospitality used to be. The management have got it right! Broadband coverage faultless.

Mum: Great value & service. Food great and plenty of staff.

Five stars easily!

Reviewed 5 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel for my sons Holy Communion and a large group of our family members also stayed with us to celebrate the special occasion. From the minute we arrived the receptionists were just so helpfull and friendly especially Kathleen, and we were given a complimentary upgrade to a beautiful room which we greatly appreciated. I realy caint rave enough about this hotel. Staff in all the departments are just genuinely friendly and helpfull and even Tony in the leisure centre couldnt do enough for us and its hard to find hotels that are like this anymore and so for that reason thats why they have so many great reviews. Oh and the beds OMG they are sooo comfy and the food is also very good we all sat down on the Sunday night to a beautiful meal all 26 of us and its very unusual to please everyone and let me tell you they did everyone just could stop talking about the beef it was devine and yet again the staff were great. Also I got to experience the spa as a birthday pressie and I got a few treatments done by a lovely lady by the name of Angela so relaxing and enjoyable. We enjoyed our stay sooo much that we stayed for 2 extra nights at a great rate. Only one negative and that was the weather it was dreadfull but it didnt hamper our trip we still tried to make the best of it. This hotel is a fantasic base to explore Westport and the west what a beautiful county so much to do and see just breathtaking. I would have no hesitation in recommending Hotel Westport to family and friends. And would like to thank everyone for making our trip such an enjoyable and memorable stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family