“Bliss”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Westport
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We found that staff were incredibly attentive and courteous and we would like to compliment the Hotel Westport on this.
We stayed in a different hotel in Westport of a similar standard for two nights prior to our stay in the Hotel westport and when we decided to extend our stay due to the bad weather, we switched hotels.
We have stayed in the other hotel on a regular basis in the past but decided to move to the Hotel Westport mainly because of the noise from an outdoor smoking area near our room which had very loud smokers until 3.30 am and later on each night of our stay. We thought that management could have done more to curtail the excessive noise so late at night.
In contrast the peace and quiet in this hotel was absolute bliss.
We also had to pay €20 for internet use in the other hotel. This was absolutely free in the Hotel Westport. Another bonus!
We will come again!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,149)

Reviewed 14 September 2011

I would just like to say thank you so much to everyone at Hotel Westport for my stay with last week I have to say the premium suites are amazing, they are so spacious and comfortable, the decor is also so modern and new and I just love the bathroom, the walk in shower is just fab!

The hotel itself is gorgeous and I honestly have to say that everyone I met and all of the staff were so friendly and welcoming. The staff and the service ye provide really makes a huge difference compared to other hotels.

I have to say that Ocean Spirit Spa is one of the nicest that I have seen in a long time and I know that the Spa will certainly be a big attraction to guests as you are looked after so well in the Spa and they have fantastic treatments. Thank you so much again for everything last week and continued succes to evryone and Hotel Westport. I look forward to going back to Hotel Westport some day soon. Thanks

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geraldine M
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We were only staying for two nights so said we would treat ourselves so booked a suite at €40 extra a night. Room was clean but extremely dated, the bathroom especially left a lot to be deserved. The staff were very friendly and breakfast and dinner were excellent. Nice stay just very over priced for the room we got!

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank hello272
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Spent five days with family as part of a tour of the west and north of Ireland. The hotel looked after us very well in a friendly but unobtrusive way. Our kids were well looked after in the Panda club and the meals and accommodation were just what we needed. The pool was spotless and well run. Top marks for a well managed place, and we'll be back a third time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Having stayed in Hotel Westport early last year and enjoyed the experience I was looking forward to a repeat visit so when I found myself in Mayo once again I promptly booked one of their B&B with Dinner packages. On the morning of arrival I took the precaution of phoning the hotel just to confirm arrangements and to book a time slot for the dinner. A friendly voice assured me that as they were not busy I could wait till I got to the hotel to select a dining time and even if I arrived at 5 or 6pm and wanted to eat at 6.30pm it would be no problem. Well I suppose I should have known better but with such a solid assurance ringing in my ears I happily set off on a days touring.

On arrival at 6pm I checked in at the desk where the girl in reception had the efficient demeanor of someone who was busy and in due course was presented with the restaurant booking sheet. It didn't take long for the inevitable to register - the first available time was 8pm! All the little boxes were filled with blue ink and the names of the lucky people who would be eating before us. I explained the earlier phone call to the receptionist and nodding towards my young daughter who was by now doing an excellent impression of a starving waif suggested that perhaps a table could be found a little earlier. Miss Brisk was having none of it and was entirely unapologetic. Our needs were secondary to the hotel's schedule it seemed. It was a take it or leave it moment but given this trip was a treat for my daughter the options to argue or go elsewhere were limited. When we were finally seated for food at 8pm we noticed the diners were double spaced around the large dining room. Seems a table for two could have been readily squeezed in somewhere after all. To make matters worse one of the floor staff who was
regularly passing our table was leaving a strong waft of armpit in their wake. They really need to introduce their uniform to the delights of a good long soak in Biotex followed by an intensive wash cycle! However our waiter was charming and efficient and the food was equally enjoyable so it wasn't long before the earlier annoyance faded.

The hotel has upgraded many of it's rooms to 'Premier' status over the past while and although they are certainly better than the standard rooms they are pretty much what would be expected in any establishment that considers itself to be worthy of it's four star designation. The beds are comfy though the one I slept in this time was not as good as the memory foam perfection of the previous visit. The reassuringly solid room doors keep any noise out and ensure a peaceful nights sleep. The en-suite bathrooms are quite spacious with a large walk in shower and separate bath. Shower products were in short supply though and we had to ask for extra towels to supplement the single one that was supplied. There was a faint smell from the drain area which could have done with attention.

Breakfast the next morning after a lie-in was busy and we had another short wait. The usual selection of juices, cereals, yoghurt etc are available at the counter where you can also place your choice of breads into the conveyor belt toaster. This is an option I love as it means I can get as much toast freshly off the rack as and when I want. The cooked items are served to you from the buffet counter and freshly cooked fish as well as poached eggs can be ordered from the waiter. The pot of coffee was strong and delicious.

A brief visit to the pool revealed that the press showers in the changing area have been adjusted from my last visit when they were scalding hot. Unfortunately they are now a little on the cool side and the temperature cannot be adjusted by the user.

It might seem this hotel has a lot of faults but in truth anything I found is relatively minor. Despite the shaky start it's a testament to the generally comfortable, professional and friendly atmosphere of the place that we were still able to enjoy our stay thoroughly. The full price tariff seems a little steep but if a discount offer can be availed of it would represent good value. Despite the few slips if the price is right we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Myself and my 3 friends stayed in Hotel Westport for the 1st time last weekend and we had a wonderful time there. The staff were so friendly & professional & could not do enough for us. The hotel was sold out for the weekend and was therefore very busy, however, each customer got individual attention and care from all the staff. The food was excellent and reasonably priced, & the facilities were wonderful. Its an ideal hotel for families as they provide kids care during the day. There is a massive car park and the hotel is in a very quiet area of Westport, however within walking distance to the town. Well done one and all in Hotel Westport, we will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2011

excellent hotel located just outside main town but only a 10 min walk along the river to WESTPORT town centre,breakfast was a supervised buffet type fry with a full continental available on a self service basis,fish and fresh eggs available on request,195euro for a double room with breakfast seems a bit expensive for 1 night but it was worth it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple