See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 25, 2015

Stayed there recently as a cheaper alternative for a wedding in Knockranny House. Found the Lodge to be clean and staff were very friendly. The bedroom had everything I needed although the shower never seemed to heat up. Overall was glad to have stayed there and saved the money on a room I didn't intend to use much over the weekend.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding. When we walked to it at 2.30am there was no outside light and we had to put on the light on our mobile to see where we were going. In the morning we noticed all the cobwebs in the room and when we turned our white cups right way up and looked into them they were all brown inside.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annette H
Reviewed August 10, 2015

I stayed in Knockranny Lodge recently and as this was a 4 star rated accommodation I had great expectations. To say I was Dissapointed is an understatement. On arrival the outside of the property could do with a good clean and a definite paint job. The entrance and outside windows were dirty and the hall floor was dirty and everywhere was scruffy. At reception we had to call a number for someone to come down and the person who arrived was clearly a cleaner as she was not very presentably dressed (for a 4star) any way we're were shown our rooms which were of a good size but that was about the best I could say. The wall in the whole house were scruffed and dirty, there was dust and cobwebs on window sills, on top of door and wardrobes it definitely could do with a huge and thorough clean. There were no towels in our room we had to ask for them. There was no dustbin either which was inconvenient and we had to leave any bits of rubbish we had on the table. The following morning breakfast was served between 9 & 10:30 we arrived at 10:15 to be met by a surely unfriendly look from the waitress, we felt that we were unwelcome and putting them completely out. Breakfast was one of the poorest breakfasted I've had in a long long time, very limited fruit etc and the breakfast had definitely been precooked and kept in the oven as it was dry and inedible. We stayed for 2 nights. I would not recommend this B&B to anyone. A word of advise to the owners, this is a beautiful house and all it needs is a bit of love and attention. As for the staff I have never met such an unfriendly lot there was not one of them that I could say was friendly or welcoming. Very Dissapointed.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2015

Will never use this B and B again , totally discusted with these people .....booked a room for my brother and his 2 children aged 11 and 13 .....on booking they said they only had one room left with a lardge bed ......a king .......panicked and said ok ....on Thursday morning went on there website it said there where 3 double rooms left ....rang them and they said oh yes we shall put them in a room with a double and a single ...as we where prepared to book somewhere else ....on arrival they were told sorry we havnt got that room you will have to have the original room ......they hadn't the decency to inform us of this decision .......raging shall never be in Westport or Mayo again .......low life .......

Room Tip: Don't go there !!!!
Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank 101maggs
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at knockranny lodge.. It was such a charming place. Travelled with my husband who was on crutches and 2 children one of whom has special needs. Diane the manager meet us with a smile and couldnt do enough for us throughout our stay.
We had full use of the tennis court and rackets and balls provided.
Breakfast was freshly cooked and plenty of everything.
The room was bigger than some hotel rooms we have stayed in and was lovely and bright overlooking croagh patrick.
We have travelled many places in Ireland and have stayed in alot of hotels, but we cant fault knockranny lodge and thats why its 5 stars from us. We will return next year. Well done Diane and your staff for an excellent service.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family