All reviews train station five minute walk bit dated town centre lovely hotel flat screen tv self service bar area bed was very comfortable hotel is situated two night stay weekend break both nights fires foyer sauna ireland
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights earlier this month.
As large group. Hotel reception were ready for us. Check in was very efficient and had staff to deliver luggage to rooms.
We had a twin room with my sister in law which was a little on the small side. Would have been better suited for a single. But staff were quick to move us to another room which was much bigger and very comfortable.
Dinner each evening was in the garden room. As large group we had a set menu with 3 choices. The food was delicious and varied each of the evenings

Only downside was some of the equipment in the gym was not working and a little tired.

Lovely sitting areas great bar area and fantastic staff. Very friendly and more than helpful
A little jewel

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2018

I'm writing this for my Elderly inlaws. They have just been on A "Wild Atlantic Way" coach tour for a week and thoroughly enjoyed it except for this Hotel.
Upon arrival there is steps up to the front door(apparently a ramp access is to the side) so the cases were left at the coach. There was a few young lads at the steps that offered to carry them up, they took 3 to the top of the steps when the manager came out and told them to stop. The manager then said he was going to charge everyone 2 euro per case/bag to bring them into the hotel!

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank John R
Tara H, Director of Sales at Sligo Southern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear John,

We have looked into your points above and the tour group your relatives were on did not order porterage, We did however have staff on hand to assist with bags up the front steps of the hotel, guests were also informed that another entrance was available that did not involve steps, which is sign posted at the front of the hotel. It is industry practice that tours to pay for porter, another group arriving at the same time availed of this service. The guide on your relatives tour enquired about getting luggage picked up from coach at a €1.00 per bag and dropped to rooms, but declined the service. We did however have a porter on hand to take the bags up/down the steps, most of the group decided to use our side entrance.

We think it is unfair to review our staff when you have not stayed with us or know the full events that took place

We hope this clears the matter up for you

regards

Reviewed June 28, 2018

Stayed in Sligo last week due to work. I arrived slightly early than expected at 2:30 . I was greeted at reception by Gemma she was friendly, allowed me to check in after making a call to see if my room was ready . To my relief it was . I haven't travelled to Sligo in a long time although i was working i enquired where to go in the City centre . I was given good information and list of where has lively music midweek . Although reception always seems busy on approach i appreciated the warm welcome. The rooms was as expected away from lifts, clean . It is an old hotel but it's to be admired. it has a lot of character. I didn't eat in bar so i cannot pass comment on the food but i would definitely return again, staff overall were charming.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2018

Two day break in Sligo for local touring. Hotel near town centre - could walk everywhere. Large room, clean, comfortable, quiet. Wi-fi signal very weak. Good breakfast. Service was friendly. Free parking. Old style but more than adequate.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2018

Had a voucher for a two night stay with dinner. Check in was quick and a table booked for dinner that night. Food was lovely and the kitchen staff were great fun and friendly. Hotel is a bit dated but has a nice charm about it. A 10 minute walk will have you in the heart of the town.Our room was big, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple