“Return Visit”

Tobernalt Holy Well
Ranked #11 of 123 things to do in Sligo
Reviewed 29 March 2017

When in this area we always stop here. A beautiful peaceful place of Prayer and solitude.
Popular with locals and visitors alike

2  Thank MARYANNT45

Reviewed 4 January 2017

lovely little spot to visit I love it for a little visit to just make you feel at peace, light a candle for your loved ones and just take in the lovely area

3  Thank ilovehols2013
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Beautiful stop off on our way to donegal. Tranquil setting. Even if you are not religious it's a nice little place to sit and be surrounded by the sound of the trickling water.

4  Thank AoifeB88
Reviewed 15 November 2016

This location is beautiful. We have traveled to many of the sacred places in Ireland and I truly felt a sense of peace while walking the stations at this Holy Well. It is steeped in history and worth reading about before going so you get a good understanding of what this place has meant to so many people. The signs encourage you to walk in silence and we were lucky enough to find ourselves alone which made it even more peaceful. It is off the beaten path, but worth finding a part of sacred Ireland while you travel.

4  Thank Kellie W
Reviewed 6 October 2016

A lovely woman I was staying with brought me here. It was her special place even though she was not religious. She said no one ever really goes there. It is a beautiful little stream and hedge with a few religious statues. It is a spiritual place with calmness. However, a huge bus arrived 10 minutes after us. My new friend swore she never saw anyone there. I guess it all depends on your timing.

A great place to go for a quiet moment of reflection.

2  Thank ihavethewanders