1,317 results
All reviews cie tour the pub the river bar staff live music lovely hotel top class central location irish breakfast one night stay car park friday night family room bar food ireland quay coach
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here over the Easter bank holiday, with my wife and 2 children. We had a family room, number 27, at the back of the hotel.

There are a number of positives about the hotel. It's comfortable, very well situated, and I thought the price was good. Staff were friendly/helpful and the room was perfect, albeit a bit warm overnight. The buffet breakfast was fine, plenty of everything although as noted in another review, fresh fruit rather than tinned would be better. Didn't eat in the restaurant but the bar was lively when we were there. Good mix of people.

Now for the BUT.... the noise overnight. This was caused by a group of (mostly drunk) teenagers who seemed to be part of some tour or group. They basically had the run of the 3rd floor and some of the 2nd, running about, banging doors, shouting etc. Now I know this could happen in other hotels, but to be honest I don't feel the staff handled the situation and the noise was let continue for a number of hours after we first complained, right up until 3am. Got very little sleep.

In fairness, the hotel were very apologetic the next morning, and refunded us the cost of our breakfast but I just feel the night manager should've dealt with the issue more forcefully. I see from another reviewer that this went on over 2 nights - we just had 1 night of it thankfully.

I had thought of giving a lower rating because of this, but it IS a nice place and good value.

1  Thank Stay589534
WaterfordDot, Operations Manager at Dooley's Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your review . I know our Deputy Operations Manager Dominic spoke to you on check out but again I am extremely sorry about the noise issues that you encountered during your stay . I am glad to hear that other than the noise issue that you had an enjoyable stay and hopefully if you return to Waterford we may get to show you that this was an isolated incident and not the normal standard

Regards

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and the staff very attentive. It has large well maintained bedrooms with free access to the internet. The restaurant has a very good menu and he food supplied top class. I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this beautiful city.

Trip type: Travelled with family
WaterfordDot, Operations Manager at Dooley's Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Dear Reginald

Thank you for your lovely comments .

Regards

Reviewed April 2, 2018

My wife and I stayed at Dooleys for two nights over Easter on the first night we where woken by the, noise from the radiator in the room which was at 1.30 am and sounded like a jet engin in the room also on arrival we found that the walls of the shower was covered in human hair from the previous occupier
Won't be returning to this hotel anytime soon

Room tip: Don't go to this hotel
Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Raybo123

Dear Raybo123

Thank you for your feedback , It is dispointing to hear that your encountered such issues during your stay as this is far from the standard that we pride ourselves on providing .
If you would like to disccuss the issues further please contact me directly by email . Operationsmanager@dooleys-hotel.ie

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

A group of thirteen walkers recently stayed here. The rooms were lovely and spacious and the staff were very friendly. I would have liked more fresh fruit rather than tinned fruit at breakfast but other than that it was a lovely breakfast. It is located straight across from the bus station which was very handy as we traveled to Dungarvan by bus to walk part of the Greenway. It is also only about 5 minutes walk from the train station. There are parking spaces available behind the bus station at €4.50 a day. Waterford is a lovely city and is steeped in history and I would highly recommend a visit.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Maurs78

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass your breakfast comments onto our Chef . We are very lucky with our City Centre location and it s great to hear that you got to see what Waterford has to offer with the greenway visit .

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

From check in to check out we found the staff extremely pleasant and professional to deal with. Hotel itself was lovely, warm atmosphere and great location. Food was yummy. All staff friendly. Bedroom was clean, comfortable and well heated.

We had an unfortunate experience with a group of youths on a trip (if I had the name of that club I would shame them for the carry on!) that caused unbelievable amount of noise and kept us awake both nights leaving us wandering Waterford very sleep deprived but major kudos to the staff for the way the situation was dealt, it wasn't their fault but were again extremely pleasant and apologetic.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend or stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel_K90

Dear Rachel ,

Thank you for your feedback . I am sincerely sorry for the noise issues that you had to contend with on your stay . I am delighted to hear that the staff dealt with the issue and were extremely pleasant .
We look forward to welcomimg you back to Dooley's Hotel on your next visit .

Operations Manager .