“What a fantastic surprise ”
Review of No. 9 Cafe

No. 9 Cafe
Ranked #39 of 188 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Normally I associate walking up a stairs to entering a small dinky cafe. Not No 9 Cafe. What a beautiful place. Huge open space with privacy if you want but tables not on top of each other. Fantastic service, great staff and great food. Highly recommended. Lots of nearby parking for the wet days and those too hungry to walk. You won’t be disappointed

4  Thank Tom F

Reviewed March 30, 2018

We recently ate in this cafe and although the staff were very pleasant and helpful I did have an issue with my food. I ordered the hummus plate...7.95 euro...and what I got was some hummus, a spoonful of peppers and relish, some olives, a LOT of salad leaves and...3 and a half bread sticks!!! When I asked for more bread sticks I was charged extra as children are given one pack free and anymore is an extra charge!!! There were no children in the group and considering the price, quantity and quality of the food, this was rather mean.
Also, I had a look at their vegan options which included an halloumi burger. I presume it comes without the halloumi to render it vegan so I would have been paying over 10 euro for salad in a bun!
All in all, I feel it's over-priced for the quality of food.

3  Thank kircody
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

One of my favourite places to have lunch in Waterford. The café is spacious and bright, adding to its great atmosphere. the staff are next to none, very friendly, accommodating and attentive.
I have never been disappointed with the food, always fresh and served in good portions. Theres plenty of options on the menu to choose from, from salads, chicken wings, burgers, wraps, everything! It caters to what mood you’re in.
Highly recommend this place for anything, be it a coffee, breakfast, lunch... it never disappoints.

3  Thank ciara w
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

This cafe had a great selection of breakfast items. We went for the Irish Breakfast which was very good. Their hot chocolate was perfect for the cold weather and I would definitely recommend it. Also the service was excellent as my water cup never went dry! Have to pay at the counter.

2  Thank Jon L
Reviewed February 22, 2018

This is a bright,airy,slightly upmarket cafe that is very popular with families but don't let that put you off. The menu appears to have quite a bit of thought put into it and covers most options. The daily specials always appear to be a good option but I inevitably go for the French style toasted sandwich with fried egg. Believe me it's seriously good. Service is always efficient and friendly and the owners are seemingly always on duty. I can see how some might find the prices a little high but I feel that it is good value for an above average experience.

3  Thank johnbyrne302